Adult Day Services (ADS)
MBW Adult Day Services
160 Main St S, Bird Island, MN, 55310
Distance: 1011 Miles
Adult day services provide an individualized and coordinated program of activities. Services are directed at maintaining or improving a person's ability to self-care. This includes health, social and nutritional services. Services are directed toward the achievement of specific outcomes identified after assessment in a service plan.
About This Location
* Activities based on the person's needs
People who use adult day services require some supervision. They often need assistance with personal care and other activities of daily living such as transfer, mobility or dressing. Some providers may offer a bath.
Adult day service is provided in adult day service centers licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). Sometimes these centers are located in facilities licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) such as nursing homes or hospitals.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, Alternative Care Program, and Essential Community Supports program in the Community-Based Services manual.
Because service availability may be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this service may be provided either in-person or remotely.
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
Under the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) settings rule, tiered standards will be added to Adult Day Services (ADS) as of January 1, 2021 or upon federal approval. The tiered standards mean:
* People who received Adult Day Services (ADS) prior to January 1, 2021, regardless of their age, may continue to use adult day services if they are assessed to need the service and choose to receive it.
* People who have NEVER received Adult Day Services (ADS) and are new to the service, may only choose this service if they are age 55 or older.
* People who are under age 55 and have NEVER received Adult Day Services (ADS) can access other day services, such as day support services.
For more information about the tiered standards and Home and Community Based Services settings transition rule, please visit the HCBS settings website and the HCBS settings rule statewide transition plan.
This service may be covered for persons with Medical Assistance Home and Community Based Care Waivers, Alternative Care Program, Veteran's Administration TRICARE or by Long Term Care Insurance Plans. Services may also be purchased private pay.
If you have waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-0320.0200Adult Day Program Centers Definition
Programs that provide care and supervision in licensed group facilities for dependent adults during some portion of a 24-hour day. Services may include social and recreational activities, training that is essential for sustaining activities of daily living and hot meals, as appropriate.