Meisa Transportation Services, LLC
Meisa Transportation - Corporate Office
8441 Wayzata Blvd, Ste 380, Golden Valley, MN, 55426
Distance: 0 Miles
Rides to access services, community activities, and resources for people on a waiver or Alternative Care (AC) program, when other transportation is not available.
Non-emergency medical transportation for older adults and people with disabilities who are unable to use regular types of transportation. Examples: appointments for chemotherapy, dialysis, chiropractic, dental, urgent care (non-emergency), regular doctor's visit, gynecology, methadone treatment, mental health appointments, pharmacy pick-ups.
* Access Transportation Services (ATS): Ambulatory or wheelchair transport by bus, taxi, or other commercial carrier or by private automobile
- Curb-to-curb service
* Special Transportation Service (STS): Ambulatory or wheelchair transport by bus, taxi, or other commercial carrier or by private automobile appropriate when, the client is unable to use "common carrier transportation"
- Eligibility for this service is done through a "level of need" assessment
- Door-to-door service, where driver assists passenger to and from their destination
Examples of types of appointments: chemotherapy, dialysis, chiropractic, dental, urgent care (non-emergency), regular doctor's visit, gynecology, methadone treatment, mental health appointments, pharmacy pick-ups
About This Location
Covered services include rides to:
* Meet the needs and preferences as written in the person's support plan
* Waiver services when the rate for the waiver service does not include transportation
The following are non-covered transportation services:
* Transportation to health care services available through Medical Assistance (MA) state plan services
* Transportation when alternate transportation is available free of charge, (such as through family, neighbors, friends, or community agencies)
Non-covered services for a personal vehicle include:
* Any payment beyond negotiated mileage or trip reimbursement
* Reimbursement to a person for the purpose of transporting self or the use of their own vehicle
Learn more about this waiver service in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Assist passengers to and from vehicle
- Special transportation services
- Vehicle lift access
- Vehicle ramp access
Transportation Area Served by County
- Anoka County
- Carver County
- Dakota County
- Hennepin County
- Ramsey County
- Scott County
- Washington County
Waiver Service Specialties
- Billed by One-Way Trip
- Commercial Carrier, Billed by Mileage
If you live in the Twin Cities Metro Area, contact Minnesota Non-Emergency Transportation (MNet) at: (651) 645-9254
If you are certified for Specialized Transportation, and live outside of the Metro area, you may contact this provider directly.
Twin Cities Metro area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-170Disability Related Transportation Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of shopping, banking, social events, medical appointments, getting to and from work, and similar activities for people with disabilities who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation. Also included are programs that provide transportation for youngsters with disabilities who have no other means of accessing necessary specialized services and activities. Some but not all vehicles used for this purpose are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
BT-4500.6500-800Senior Ride Programs Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of medical appointments, shopping, banking, social events, and other similar activities for older adults who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.