Metropolitan Center for Independent Living (MCIL)
Case Management (Waiver)
530 Robert St N, St. Paul, MN, 55101-2210
Distance: 950 Miles
Case Management provides a person and his/her family with access to assessment, person-centered planning, referral, linkage, support plan monitoring, coordination and advocacy related to waiver services, resources and informal supports that are not necessarily funded through the waiver or Alternative Care (AC) program.
Waivers and the AC program cover:
* Developing a service plan
* Informing the person or their legal guardian or conservator, or parent if the person is a minor, of service options
* Referring the person to potential providers
* Authorizing the person to access waiver services and supports
* Coordinating services and supports
* Evaluating and monitoring services identified in the plan
* Reviewing the service plan annually
Learn more about this waiver and Alternative Care Program service in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
Offers Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) case management for Hennepin County
Licenses and Certifications
- Contracted through county or tribal Human Services agency
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Case Management - Conversion Access for Alternative Care Program
- Case Management Aide
- Ongoing Case Management
Referrals come from the county.
If you have waiver or Alternative Care Program funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Primarily the Twin Cities seven-county metro area
ADA MN serves statewide.
|Disability Hub MN||(866) 333-2466|
|Main - ADA Minnesota||(651) 603-2015|
|Toll Free - ADA Minnesota||(888) 630-9793|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- ADA Minnesota Information
- Advocacy - Disabilities
- Disability Benefits 101 (www.DB101.org)
- Disability Hub MN
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Install
- Home Modification - Ramp
- Homemaker Services
- Housing Access Coordination
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Nursing Home Relocation
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice
- School to Adult Life Transition
- Transitional Services
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-1550Centers for Independent Living Definition
Consumer controlled, community based, cross disability, nonresidential agencies designed and operated within a local community by individuals with disabilities that provide an array of independent living services. All CILs provide five core services: information and referral, independent living skills training, peer counseling, individual and systems advocacy and transition. In addition, many CILs also offer transportation services, mobility training, personal assistance, housing and home modifications, recreation services, vocational programs, assistance in obtaining assistive technology equipment and other individualized services designed to increase and maintain independence.
PH-1000Case/Care Management Definition
Programs that develop plans for the evaluation, treatment and/or care of individuals who, because of age, illness, disability or other difficulties, need assistance in planning and arranging for services; which assess the individual's needs; coordinate the delivery of needed services; ensure that services are obtained in accordance with the case plan; and follow up and monitor progress to ensure that services are having a beneficial impact on the individual. Case management is a collaborative process characterized by communication, advocacy and resource management to promote high quality, cost-effective interventions and outcomes.