Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Transportation - Community Health Representatives
Mille Lacs Government Center
43408 Oodena Dr, Onamia, MN, 56359
Distance: 1399 Miles
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
Community Health Representative (CHR) provides transportation for individuals to medical, dental and optical appointments only after all other resources are exhausted.
* Appointments should be confirmed with the schedule to assure that clients arrive on time to their appointments.
* No one under the age of 18 will be transported without a parent.
* All persons being transported are required to wear a seatbelt at all times.
There is a strict two-day prior notice for scheduled appointments. Same-day transports or transports not scheduled two days prior to appointment are by availability only. Contact the Lead CHR for more information on services and eligibility requirements.
CHR also delivers medical prescriptions to homebound Elders who have no other means of obtaining their medication. Deliveries are scheduled for two days per week and require prior authorization from the CHR and pharmacy. They will not deliver any medications that require a co-pay that has not been paid in advance.
- Private pay
- Sliding fee scale
- Serves community
- Native American Community
- Assist passengers to and from vehicle
- Vehicle lift access
- Vehicle ramp access
Transportation Area Served by County
- Mille Lacs County
Contact the Lead Community Health Representative (CHR) for more information on services and eligibility requirements:
* District I: (320) 532-7815
* District II: (218) 768-2389
* District III: (320) 385-7056
Mille Lacs Reservation
|Toll Free||(800) 709-6445|
- District II Community Center and Clinic - East Lake 36666 State Highway 65, McGregor, MN, 55760
Other Services or resources
- AanjiBimaadizing (Income and Work Support Services)
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Community Services
- Crisis Line
- Domestic Violence Support Services - Family Violence Prevention Program
- Elder Services
- Legal Assistance
- Mental Health and Drug Addiction Services
- Tribal Government
- Tribally Designated Housing Entity (TDHE)
- Weatherization Assistance Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-500Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Definition
Programs that provide transportation for medical appointments, trips from and between hospitals, to nursing homes or other special-care centers or for other non-emergency medical needs for individuals who, because of financial problems or their physical condition, are unable to use other means of local transportation. NEMT service providers are able to transport riders who require a wheelchair lift equipped vehicle with appropriate protective restraints or a van that is designed for gurney/stretcher transportation, or has other types of features to meet their safety needs.
YH-6000.6000Native American Community Definition
Individuals whose ethnic background and ancestry are that of the tribal, aboriginal peoples who originated in what is now the United States. Included are Native Americans who are living on or off reservations in rural and urban areas.
YW-8500Tribal Reservation Residents Definition
Individuals and families of Native American descent who have needs and interests in common based on living in areas recognized by the federal or a state government as being set aside for the use of Native Americans and governed by Native Americans.