Skip to main content

Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe

Tribal Government

Mille Lacs Government Center

43408 Oodena Dr, Onamia, MN, 56359

Distance: 1399 Miles

(320) 532-4181


Service Details


Office that serves as the administrative center for a tribe.

Contact the tribal office with questions about services offered to tribal members.

Additional Information

The Mille Lacs Band's government is based on a separation of powers to help ensure proper checks and balances. The legislative branch, known as the Band Assembly, enacts laws that regulate the Band's affairs and appropriates money for Band programs and services. The executive branch, led by the Chief Executive, implements Band laws and administers the Band's programs and services. The judicial branch, or Tribal Court, upholds the Band's laws and ensures justice is served equally to all Band members.

As a sovereign government, the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe is responsible for providing services to meet the needs of its people, much like the State of Minnesota does for its residents. The Chief Executive appoints Commissioners to run Executive Branch departments, which provide services to Band members.


  • Specialization
    • Native American Community 


To enroll in the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, you must have a parent who is, or was at the time of his/her death, an enrolled member of the Band. Also, the individual enrolling must have a blood quantum of 25%.

Application Instructions

The Office of Tribal Enrollments at the Mille Lacs Band Government Center is responsible for processing enrollments as well as changes of address or names.

Please print, fill out and mail the application to Tribal Enrollments, Mille Lacs Band Government Center, 43408 Oodena Dr, Onamia, MN 56359. The application MUST have an original signature and MUST be accompanied by a certified copy of the enrollee's birth certificate. Deadlines for enrollment are January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 to be processed for the next quarter.

To have your name officially changed on the Band enrollment records, you must fax or mail a copy of your marriage license, divorce decree, or other official court document that certifies the name change to Tribal Enrollments, Mille Lacs Band Government Center, 43408 Oodena Drive, Onamia, MN 56359, or fax it to the attention of Tribal Enrollments at (320) 532-7566.

If you have any questions about any of the above processes, please contact the Enrollment Office at (320) 532-7730.

Area Served

Mille Lacs Reservation


Phone Numbers

Type Number Hours
Main (320) 532-4181
Toll Free (800) 709-6445

Last Update


Other Locations

Taxonomy Terms Used. Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.