Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Emergency Preparedness & Response
625 Robert St N, St. Paul, MN, 55155
Distance: 1033 Miles
This department coordinates resources for state disasters and emergencies. They also share tools and resources so people and families can prepare.
Resources available online include:
* Emergency and disaster preparation information for families and individuals
* Emergency communications information on health alerts, news releases, newsletters, other languages, risk communications and amateur radio
- Assistance with community resources
|Toll Free||(888) 345-0823|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Certificates and Records
- Children and Youth with Special Health Needs (CYSHN)
- COVID-19 Information
- Diseases and Conditions
- Find a Funeral Home
- Find Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support
- Follow Along Program Online Enrollment Form
- Health Care and Coverage
- Health Care Facility and Service Complaints
- Health Regulation
- HIV/AIDS Testing
- Immunizations and Vaccine Information
- Infectious Disease, Epidemiology, Prevention and Control
- Injury, Violence and Safety
- Medical Cannabis Program
- Minnesota Health Information Clearinghouse
- Prevention and Healthy Living
- Stroke Designated Hospitals
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
TH-1700.1800Disaster Preparedness Information Definition
Programs that increase public awareness of the measures that people can take before, during and after a major disaster or wide-scale emergency to reduce loss of life and property and improve their chances for survival. Included are programs that inspect the homes of individual residents and give them a report which suggests ways to enhance their safety and reduce the risk of property damage or loss, as well as those that deal with disaster preparedness in a more general way. Also included are programs that provide fact sheets, hazard maps and other types of technical information about natural disasters that individuals and communities can review and evaluate to see if their area is at risk.
TH-1700.1950Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning Definition
Emergency management agencies, health departments and other entities that conduct multi-hazard planning for their communities that will enable them to mitigate, prepare for, respond to or recover from natural disasters, public health crises, terrorist incidents or other emergencies that occur within or have an impact on their area. Emergency planning addresses citizen awareness and self-sufficiency, responder capabilities, interagency cooperation in emergency operations and the roles, responsibilities and activities of public and private organizations and their staffs in all phases of the disaster.
YZ-1730Disaster/Emergency Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of disasters or other times of emergency.
YZ-6910Public Health Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topics of environmental health, communicable disease control, immunizations and other public health issues.