Minnesota Department of Human Services Direct Care and Treatment Community, Residential and Vocational Services
Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H)
MSOCS - Greenhouse
Call for location
Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H) is a day program for adults with developmental disabilities that helps to:
* Learn and use life skills
* Participate in community life
* Choose activities to participate in that are personally meaningful
Services during the day:
* Services (or supports) for a person to be fully integrated into the community
The services help the person to participate in the community in activities that the person chooses.
Minnesota State Operated Community Services (MSOCS) provides DT&H services to people with developmental disabilities.
Opportunities for job training vary by location, and may include:
* Custom assembly -complete or partial
* Labeling, gluing and taping
* Clerical, filing, alphabetizing
* Administrative support
* Confidential document destruction
* Recycling of bulky shredded material
* Construction debris clean up
* Housekeeping and janitorial
* All types of commercial cleaning
* Lawn care and snow removal
* Spring and fall clean up
* Commercial and residential mowing
* Grounds cleaning, park maintenance
* Mail room service, bulk mailing, hand collating
* Distribution and newspaper delivery
* Custom packaging, heat sealing, shrink wrapping
* Shelf stocking and inventory
* Scanning and imaging
About This Location
Some DT&H services that may be available:
* Supervision, training and help in self-care, communication, socialization and behavior support
* Center based work opportunities
* Activities in the community, like an exercise class, volunteering or special events
* Training in community inclusion skills, money management and activities to live more independently
* Transportation services for non-medical purposes to enable persons to participate in DT&H services (DT&H transportation can only be used for DT&H services)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Because service availability may be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this service may be provided using phone calls or other technology to offer real-time contact and support.
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
To be eligible for DT&H services through the state of Minnesota Disability Services, a person goes through a screening.
People who are eligible for this service meet four requirements:
* Are 18 years or older (including people who are aging)
* Are diagnosed with a developmental disability
- Home and Community Based Services under Medical Assistance (MA) or county contract; or
- Home and Community-Based Waiver (such as the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver); or
- Are living in a Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (ICF/DD)
* Make an informed choice to get this service
For people who are screened to meet all four eligibility criteria, the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) Disability Services through the county, Medical Assistance (MA) or Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver pay for DT&H services. Private pay or other funding options may be available.
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Olmsted County, MN
- MSOCS - 3rd Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - 6th Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Aces Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Airpark Products and Services 4619 Air Park Blvd, Duluth, MN, 55811-7750
- MSOCS - Aurora Products and Services Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Austin Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Cambridge 140 Buchanan St N, Ste 178, Cambridge, MN, 55008-1642
- MSOCS - Cannon River Enterprises Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Cloquet 707 Highway 33 S, Ste 8, Cloquet, MN, 55720-2665
- MSOCS - Grand Rapids Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Hershey Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Highland Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Metro Resources Technology Park 7600 Golden Triangle Dr, Eden Prairie, MN, 55344-3732
- MSOCS - Metrotech Industries 7272 Commerce Cir E, Fridley, MN, 55432-3103
- MSOCS - Middle River Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Moose Tracks 451 Arrowhead Ln, Moose Lake, MN, 55767-8201
- MSOCS - Nuvision 1004 1st St S, Willmar, MN, 56201-3510
- MSOCS - OCR Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Quality Enterprises 8055 Industrial Park Rd S, Baxter, MN, 56425-8269
- MSOCS - Redwood Falls Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Rum River Ornamental Products and Services 520 1st Ave N, Isanti, MN, 55040-7120
- MSOCS - Solstice Vocational Services 660 W 92nd St, Bloomington, MN, 55420-3517
- MSOCS - St. Peter 622 S Front St, St. Peter, MN, 56082-2106
- MSOCS - Straight River Enterprises 405 1st Ave SE, Medford, MN, 55049-5003
- MSOCS - Valley Enterprises 1711 Gault St, St. Peter, MN, 56082-1700
- MSOCS - Virginia Community Resources 230 1st St S, Ste 102, Virginia, MN, 55792-2672
- MSOCS - Voice 204 Laurel St, Ste 22, Brainerd, MN, 56401-0310
- MSOCS - Waves 2200 23rd St NE, Ste 2050, Willmar, MN, 56201-6609
- Region 7E Community Support Services (CSS) - Central Eastern MN Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-3100.1750Day Treatment for Adults With Developmental Disabilities Definition
Programs that provide diagnostic, treatment and habilitative services for adults with developmental disabilities. The programs may be available on a full or part day basis; focus on self-care, socialization, communication, independent living, functional academics and prevocational skills to maximize independence; and include speech and language therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutritional services, psychological services and other clinical services as needed.
LR-3100.1800Developmental Disabilities Day Habilitation Programs Definition
Community-based programs that provide long-term personal and social development opportunities within a structured environment for individuals with developmental disabilities who are unable to function independently in social, recreational or employment settings. Services are available on an hourly or daily basis and may include daily living skills instruction, basic education, recreational and social activities, exercises to improve coordination and other forms of developmental support which help participants develop and maintain the functional skills that are required for community involvement, self-advocacy, self-care and employment, if possible.
ND-6500.1800Disability Related Center Based Employment Definition
Programs that provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities to learn and practice work skills in a separate and supported environment. Participants may be involved in the program on a transitional or ongoing basis, and are paid for their work, generally under a piecework arrangement. The nature of the work and the types of disabilities represented in the workforce vary widely by program and by the area in which the organization is located. Individuals participate in center-based employment for a variety of reasons including severity of disability, need for additional training or experience, need for a protected environment and/or lack of availability of community-based employment.
ND-6500.8120Supported Employment Definition
Programs that find paid, meaningful work in a variety of community-based settings for people who have disabilities and which assign a "job coach" to work side-by-side with each client to interface with the employer and other employees, and provide training in basic job skills and work-related behaviors, assistance with specific tasks as needed and whatever other initial or ongoing support is required to ensure that the individual retains competitive employment. Included are individual placement models in which a job coach works on-the-job with a single individual and group models such as enclaves (which are self-contained work units of people needing support) and mobile work crews, in which a group of workers with disabilities receives continuous support and supervision from supported employment personnel. In the enclave model, groups of people with disabilities are trained to work as a team alongside employees in the host business supported by a specially trained on-site supervisor, who may work either for the host company or the placement agency. A variation of the enclave approach is called the "dispersed enclave" and is used in service industries (e.g., restaurants and hotels). Each person works on a separate job, and the group is dispersed throughout the company. In the mobile work crew model, a small team of people with disabilities works as a self-contained business and undertakes contract work such as landscaping and gardening projects. The crew works at various locations in a variety of settings within the community under the supervision of a job coach.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YF-1800Developmental Disabilities Definition
A severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a cognitive, neurological or physical impairment or a combination of cognitive, neurological and physical impairments; that is manifested during the developmental period (prior to age 22); that is likely to continue indefinitely; and that results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of major life activity including self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self-sufficiency.
A respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in 2019 which likely originally emerged from an animal source, has spread person-to-person in many locales as well as to other countries around the world and has been identified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). Symptoms include mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Those most at risk from the virus are older adults and people with pre-existing health conditions.