Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA)
Veteran Benefits Assistance
Southeast Region (East) - Rochester Community & Technical College
851 30th Ave SE, Rochester, MN, 55904-4915
Distance: 1024 Miles
Program that helps veterans understand and obtain benefits they are entitled to by law.
Help can cover topics such as:
* Eligibility requirements
* Payment processes
* Beneficiary rights
* Certificate/forms assistance
* Consultation and advice
* Advocacy and legal assistance to make sure benefits are obtained
The claims assistance program:
* Represents Veterans and their dependents who seek federal benefits with regards to compensation, non-service connected pension, vocational rehabilitation or education
* Call the St. Paul claims office at (612) 970-5662. For Northwest Minnesota, call the Fargo Claims office at (701) 451-4641.
The outreach program:
* Seeks to identify and serve Veterans of all social and economic backgrounds including those who are unable to seek assistance due to disability or geographical location
* Acts as a liaison and personal advocate to those seeking benefits such as subsistence, dental, optical, counseling, Federal claims and Federal Department of Veterans Affairs health care
* Is a mobile unit of the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs Claims Division with flexibility to travel to those in need while offering professional service and advocacy
The higher education program:
* Assists Veterans, current military members and their families from enrollment through graduation
* Provides support to Minnesota colleges and universities in the creation and maintenance of Veteran-friendly policies and procedures
* Has Regional Coordinators located throughout the state to work with colleges and universities to:
- Create on campus Veterans Resource Center
- Coordinate on and off campus Veterans services and information
- Approve Veteran Status for Minnesota GI Bill applicants
- Liaison with colleges to enhance or develop Veterans friendly policies and procedures such as tuition payment extensions, residency status, military transfer credit or options for withdrawal if deployed
* Helps veterans and family members access the right benefits, school and programs:
- Federal and Minnesota GI Bill
- Higher education assistance programs
- Surviving spouse and dependent education benefit
- On-the-job and apprenticeship training
Southeast Region - Eastern Area which includes: Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, Houston, Olmsted, Wabasha and Winona Counties
- Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building 1 Federal Dr, Rm G220, Fort Snelling, MN, 55111-2211
- Central Region (East) - St. Cloud State University 720 4th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, 56301-4442
- Central Region (West) - Alexandria Technical & Community College 1601 Jefferson St, Rm 117, Alexandria, MN, 56308-3707
- Higher Education Veterans Programs Director's Office 20 W 12th St, Fl 2, St. Paul, MN, 55155-2001
- Metro Region (Central) - St. Mary's University 2500 Park Ave, Lasalle Hall, Minneapolis, MN, 55404-4403
- Metro Region (North) - Anoka Ramsey Community College 11200 Mississippi Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433-3470
- Metro Region (South) - Dakota County Technical College 1300 145th St E, Rosemount, MN, 55068-2932
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) 20 W 12th St, Ste 206, St. Paul, MN, 55155-2079
- Northeast Region (North) - Hibbing Community College 1515 E 25th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746-3354
- Northeast Region (South) - Lake Superior College 2101 Trinity Rd, Duluth, MN, 55811-3349
- Northwest Region (North) - Bemidji State University 1500 Birchmont Dr NE, Bemidji, MN, 56601-2600
- Northwest Region (South) - Minnesota State University, Moorhead 1104 7th Ave S, Moorhead, MN, 56563-0001
- Southeast Region (West) - Minnesota State University, Mankato 173 Centennial Student Un, Mankato, MN, 56001-6050
- Southwest Region - Southwest Minnesota State University, Marshall 1501 State St, Rm SS132, Marshall, MN, 56258-3306
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
FT-1000.9000Veteran Benefits Assistance Definition
Programs that provide assistance for veterans who are having difficulty understanding and/or obtaining the full benefits and services to which they are entitled by law based on service to their country. The programs may help veterans understand the eligibility criteria for benefits, the benefits provided by the program, the payment process and the rights of beneficiaries; provide consultation and advice; help them complete benefits application forms; negotiate on their behalf with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs staff; and/or represent them in administrative processes or judicial litigation. Included are veteran rights organizations that offer a range of advocacy services as well as legal aid programs that offer more formalized legal assistance.
HL-8000.1800-900Veteran Education Benefits Definition
Programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or other organizations that provide educational financial assistance for veterans and service personnel and their eligible dependents. Veterans and service personnel who served on active duty between January 31, 1955 and January 1, 1977 for specified periods of time are eligible for a variety of education benefits under the GI Bill including a stipend for tuition assistance at approved educational institutions. Veterans and service personnel who entered active duty after January 1, 1977 may participate in a voluntary contributory plan in which the individual's savings for a future education are administered and augmented by the government. Partial educational assistance is also available to the survivors of deceased or disabled veterans whose death or permanent and total disability was service-connected; and to the spouses and children of servicemen and women who have been listed for more than 90 days as missing in action, captured in the line of duty or forcibly detained by a foreign power.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.
YZ-8800Veteran/Military Personnel Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of veterans or military personnel and their interests.