Minnesota Prairie County Alliance
County Programs for People with Disabilities
Minnesota Prairie County Alliance - Dodge County
22 6th St E, Dept 401, Mantorville, MN, 55955
Distance: 1009 Miles
County programs for people with disabilities include:
* Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) - Allows participants in MN waiver programs or Alternative Care to manage their own services and supports
* Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD) - Work incentive that allows people with disabilities to work and keep their Medical Assistance (MA)
* Medical Assistance - Tax Equity Fairness and Responsibility Act (MA-TEFRA) - An insurance option for children with disabilities who live with their parent(s), need a high level of care, and whose parents have too much income for their child to qualify for MA
- Adults with disabilities
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
- Older adults with disabilities
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday
8:00am - 7:00pm, Tuesday
8:00am - 4:30pm, Wednesday - Friday
|Toll Free||(888) 850-9419|
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Case Management - Developmental Disabilities
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS)
- Housing Support
- Mental Health Case Management
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DM-6000.6000Participant Directed Financial Management Organizations Definition
Organizations that help individuals who receive public funds (or their families) manage and direct the distribution of funds contained in a participant-directed budget; facilitate the employment of staff by performing such employer responsibilities as processing payroll, withholding and filing federal, state and local taxes, and making tax payments to appropriate tax authorities as the participant's agent; perform fiscal accounting; and provide expenditure reports to the participant and/or family and state authorities.
NL-3000.1900Family Caregiver Subsidies Definition
Programs that use federal, state, local and/or other funding to provide financial assistance for family members (or other persons such as neighbors) who are serving as informal primary caregivers for frail elderly individuals or, in some cases, for adults with disabilities; for grandparents caring for grandchildren; or, in some jurisdictions, for families caring for children with severe disabilities. Age and other eligibility criteria may vary by area. Assistance may be provided in the form of cash to the consumer/caregiver, vouchers which can be redeemed with approved service providers or through pro bono services donated by local service providers to a service bank for family caregivers. The objective of the program is to make it possible for primary caregivers to obtain the assistance they need in order to continue in their caregiving role which, in turn, enables the frail elderly individual or person with a disability to remain in the community.
NL-5000.5000-520Medicaid Applications Definition
County or state offices that accept applications and determine eligibility for the Medicaid program; and reinstate individuals who have lost their Medicaid benefits due to incarceration, institutionalization, noncompliance or other reasons. Also included are other programs that help people prepare and file Medicaid applications and/or are authorized to do eligibility determinations for the program.
NL-5000.5000-525Medicaid Buy In Programs Definition
Programs that enable people with disabilities who are working and earning more than the allowable limits for regular Medicaid to retain their health care coverage through the Medicaid program. Participants "buy into" the program, typically by paying premiums that are based on income.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YC-5000Medicaid Recipients Definition
Low-income individuals who are receiving comprehensive medical benefits through the federal Medicaid program administered by the county or the state.
YJ-8750People With Disabilities/Health Conditions Definition
Individuals who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations, illnesses or injuries that affect their ability to engage in one or more major life activities. Disabilities and health conditions may be temporary or permanent, may be present at birth or occur at any point in a person's lifetime, and can be of different levels of severity.
YJ-8750.0025Adults With Disabilities/Health Conditions Definition
Adults who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations, illnesses or injuries that affect their ability to engage in one or more major life activities.
YJ-8750.1500Children and Youth With Disabilities/Health Conditions Definition
Children and adolescents who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations, illnesses or injuries that affect their performance in school and their ability to engage in one or more major life activities.
YQ-1500Consumer Directed Organizational Perspective Definition
Organizations and individual practitioners who offer maximum choice and control (including the ability to select, manage and dismiss their workers) to people who use services or other supports to help with daily activities.