Minnesota Prairie County Alliance
Social Security Representative Payee
Minnesota Prairie County Alliance - Waseca County
299 Johnson Ave SW, Ste 160, Waseca, MN, 56093-2534
Distance: 944 Miles
A representative payee is appointed by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to receive and manage the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments of beneficiaries who are unable to manage benefits on their own. The payee can be a person (family member or friend) or an organization such as a social service agency, institution, state or local government agency.
A rep payee's main duties are to:
* Use the benefits to pay for the current and future needs of the beneficiary
* Properly save any benefits not needed to meet current needs
* Keep records of expenses
* Complete the Representative Payee Accounting Report
When friends and family are not able to serve as payee, Social Security looks for qualified organizations to be a representative payee.
Only qualified organizational payees who have been approved in writing by SSA can collect a fee.
This agency has been approved by SSA to collect a fee for this service.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday
8:00am - 7:00pm, Tuesday
8:00am - 4:30pm, Wednesday - Friday
|Toll Free||(888) 850-9419|
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Case Management - Developmental Disabilities
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Support
- Mental Health Case Management
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Parenting Support - Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DM-7000Representative Payee Services Definition
Public agencies, nonprofit organizations, banks, relatives or other individuals who have been appointed under federal law to act as a surrogate in situations where a cognitive impairment makes it impossible for beneficiaries to manage their own Social Security and SSI/SSD payments. Representative payees are chosen and designated by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to act on behalf of financially incapable SS or SSI beneficiaries. The individuals and organizations selected by the SSA may also manage waiver funding, consumer or family support grants or other types of benefits when chosen and designated by the administrating entity to act on behalf of beneficiaries who are incapable of managing their finances.
YC-7900Social Security Retirement Recipients Definition
Individuals who are receiving regular monthly retirement checks from the Social Security Administration the amount of which is based on the wages earned and the number of quarters of coverage credited to the person's Social Security record.
YC-8000SSI Recipients Definition
Individuals who are receiving cash grants through the Supplemental Security Income program, a federal income maintenance program with supplemental state funds which is administered by the Social Security Administration for people who are age 65 and older, are blind or have a disability, and have little or no income and assets.