Minnesota State Services for the Blind (MNSSB)
Assistive Technology Products
Minnesota State Services for the Blind (MNSSB) - Headquarters
2200 University Ave W, Ste 240, St. Paul, MN, 55114-1840
Distance: 1012 Miles
Offers assistive technology devices and adaptive equipment that help people with disabilities communicate, increase their mobility and live more comfortably
Offers Assistive and Adaptive Technology services help to connect people who are blind, DeafBlind or visually impaired to technology for daily life, school and employment.
The diverse array of products now on the market include:
* Electronic magnifiers
* Software that speaks everything on your computer screen
* Scanners that convert the printed text to speech,
* Displays that allow you to read what's on the screen of your phone or computer in braille
* Portable note takers which combine an array of functions in to one compact device
- Assistance with community resources
- Blind or visually impaired
People of all ages who are blind, deaf-blind, or with visual impairments that impact daily life, education or work.
For more information, contact (800) 652-9000 or your local office.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This office serves the nine-county metro area.
SSB and the Ticket to Work Program serve statewide.
|Main - Communication Center Customer Service||(800) 722-0550|
|Main - Employment and Career Services||(651) 539-2343|
|Main - Services for Seniors||(651) 539-2324|
|Toll Free||(800) 652-9000|
- Bemidji Office 616 America Ave NW, Ste 230, Bemidji, MN, 56601-3861
- Brainerd Office 204 Laurel St, Ste 21, Brainerd, MN, 56401-0319
- CareerForce Hutchinson 2 Century Ave SE, Rm 405, Hutchinson, MN, 55350-3100
- CareerForce Saint Cloud 1542 Northway Dr, Door 2, St. Cloud, MN, 56303-1240
- CareerForce West Saint Paul 1 Mendota Rd W, Ste 170, West St. Paul, MN, 55118-4768
- Duluth Office 402 W 1st St, Duluth, MN, 55802-1516
- Hibbing Office 3920 13th Ave E, Hibbing, MN, 55746-3675
- Mankato Office 12 Civic Center Plz, Ste 1600B, Mankato Place, Mankato, MN, 56001-7797
- Marshall - Lyon County Courthouse 607 W Main St, Marshall, MN, 56258-3169
- Moorhead - Family Service Center of Clay County 715 11th St N, Ste 302A, Moorhead, MN, 56560-2099
- Rochester Office 2070 College View Rd E, Rochester, MN, 55904-7507
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-0650.0500Assistive Technology Equipment Sales Definition
Programs that sell new, used and/or reconditioned assistive technology products on a retail or discount basis.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
A disability that is characterized by a combination of hearing and visual impairments.
A condition in which affected individuals are totally blind and cannot see or are legally blind and have central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with maximal correction, or a peripheral field of vision that is so contracted that its widest diameter subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees.
YF-9000.6500Partial Sightedness Definition
A condition in which affected individuals have remaining visual acuity between 20/200 and 20/70 in the better eye with maximal correction.