Minnesota State Services for the Blind (SSB)
Assistive Technology Products
402 W 1st St, Duluth, MN, 55802
Distance: 255 Miles
Offers assistive technology devices and adaptive equipment that help people with disabilities communicate, increase their mobility and live more comfortably
The Assistive and Adaptive Technology Unit connects people who are blind, DeafBlind or visually impaired to technology for daily life, school and employment.
The diverse array of products now on the market include:
* Electronic magnifiers
* Software that speaks everything on your computer screen
* Scanners that convert the printed text to speech,
* Displays that allow you to read what's on the screen of your phone or computer in braille
* Portable note takers which combine an array of functions in to one compact device
- Assistance with community resources
- Blind or visually impaired
|Toll Free||(800) 657-3752|
- Bemidji Office 616 America Ave NW, Ste 230, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Brainerd Office 204 Laurel St, Ste 21, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Fergus Falls Office 1414 College Way, Ste L180, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Hibbing Office 3920 13th Ave E, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Hutchinson Office 2 Century Ave SE, Rm 405, Hutchinson, MN, 55350
- Mankato Office 12 Civic Center Plz, Ste 1600B, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Marshall Office 607 W Main St, Lyon County Courthouse, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Rochester Office 2070 College View Rd E, Rochester, MN, 55904
- St. Cloud Office 1542 Northway Dr, Door 2, St. Cloud, MN, 56303
- State Services for the Blind Main Office 2200 University Ave W, Ste 240, St. Paul, MN, 55114
- West St. Paul Office 1 Mendota Rd W, Ste 170, West St. Paul, MN, 55118
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-0650.0500Assistive Technology Equipment Sales Definition
Programs that sell new, used and/or reconditioned assistive technology products on a retail or discount basis.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
A disability that is characterized by a combination of hearing and visual impairments.
A condition in which affected individuals are totally blind and cannot see or are legally blind and have central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with maximal correction, or a peripheral field of vision that is so contracted that its widest diameter subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees.
YF-9000.6500Partial Sightedness Definition
A condition in which affected individuals have remaining visual acuity between 20/200 and 20/70 in the better eye with maximal correction.