Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC)
Free or Low-Cost Cars - Wheel Get There
Le Sueur County - Minnesota Valley Action Council
125 E Minnesota St, Le Center, MN, 56057
Distance: 896 Miles
Free or low cost vehicles are provided to people who qualify on the basis of income, age or disability
The Wheel Get There program provides vehicles to people experiencing low income with vehicles they receive as donations.
The cost of the car varies with age, mileage, and potential to be a long-term solution. Every car destined for a low-income person is test-driven and an under-hood check performed, but most cars will need some work to be usable for daily transportation.
A limited number of vehicles are leased to people who are in need through the Wheel Get There Program.
Almost any car donation is accepted.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Residents of Blue Earth, Brown, LeSueur, Faribault, Martin, Sibley, Nicollet, Waseca, and Watonwan counties who are age 18 or older and low income
Call (507) 345-0446 to learn about available cars
Most cars sell between $400 - $700. Owner is responsible for tax, license and transfer fees.
Le Sueur County
- Blue Earth County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 706 N Victory Dr, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Brown County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 1618 S Broadway St, Ste 203, New Ulm, MN, 56073
- Faribault County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 301 N Main St, Ste 2, Blue Earth, MN, 56013
- Martin County - CareerForce Center - Minnesota Valley Action Council 400 S State St, Ste 180, Fairmont, MN, 56031
- Martin County - Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC) 820 Winnebago Ave, Ste 3, Fairmont, MN, 56031
- Nicollet County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 600 S 5th St, St. Peter, MN, 56082
- Sibley County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 110 6th St, Gaylord, MN, 55334
- Waseca County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 108 10th Ave SE, Waseca, MN, 56093
- Watonwan County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 705 2nd Ave S, St. James, MN, 56081
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
Programs that pay for or provide new and/or second hand automobiles for individuals who qualify on the basis of income, age or disability. Also included are organizations that sell new or used automobiles at very low prices, refer people to automobile dealerships, provide money to help people whose cars have failed an emissions test to purchase a replacement vehicle or otherwise help people acquire an automobile.
BT-8300.0870-030Automobile Purchase Loans Definition
Programs that provide or arrange for financing for individuals who want to lease or purchase an automobile or other means of transportation. In some cases, the individual must require the vehicle to access employment, educational classes, job training or other similar services in order to be eligible for the loan. Included are programs that provide or arrange for low interest or interest free automobile purchase loans as well as those that provide access to loans at market rates.
TI-1800.9000-050Automobile Donation Programs Definition
Nonprofit organizations that accept automobiles, trucks, vans and other vehicles used primarily for transportation purposes as donations from individuals who want a tax write-off. In most cases, donated automobiles are sold to raise funds for the organization, but some programs repair the vehicles, if necessary, and keep them for their own use, give them to individuals or families who have no means of private transportation or donate them to other nonprofit organizations for use in their program or for distribution to the people they serve.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.