Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC)
Home Repair Financial Assistance
Waseca County - Minnesota Valley Action Council
108 10th Ave SE, Waseca, MN, 56093
Distance: 896 Miles
Loan program to homeowners for routine home maintenance, emergency repairs, or accessibility improvements.
Participants must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
* The Rehabilitation Loan Program assists very low income people address health and safety improvements in their home.
* The Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program is designed to address emergency home improvements or essential accessibility improvements.
* Fix-up Loan helps with basic and necessary home improvements such as repair a roof or siding, replace the furnace, update windows
- Community Action Partnership
Serving Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Scott, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan counties.
Complete eligibility information for the Minnesota Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program is available online
- Blue Earth County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 706 N Victory Dr, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Brown County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 1618 S Broadway St, Ste 203, New Ulm, MN, 56073
- Faribault County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 301 N Main St, Ste 2, Blue Earth, MN, 56013
- Le Sueur County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 125 E Minnesota St, Le Center, MN, 56057
- Martin County - Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC) 820 Winnebago Ave, Ste 3, Fairmont, MN, 56031
- Nicollet County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 600 S 5th St, St. Peter, MN, 56082
- Sibley County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 110 6th St, Gaylord, MN, 55334
- Watonwan County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 705 2nd Ave S, St. James, MN, 56081
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.3540Home Barrier Removal Loans Definition
Programs that provide loans to qualified people with disabilities who want to install ramps or elevators, widen doorways, install grab bars in showers and bathrooms, lower kitchen and other cabinets or make other modifications in their homes in order to make them more accessible.
BH-3000.3550-360Home Rehabilitation Loans Definition
Programs that provide loans for income-eligible people who want to repair or modify their homes or mobile homes to make them energy-efficient, attractive, safe and free of health hazards; or which help eligible individuals find loans for this purpose. Most loan programs cover major repairs, system upgrades and replacements (e.g., plumbing, heating or electrical systems) but not minor repairs. Included are conventional home rehabilitation loans, deferred loans (in which payments are deferred until the home is sold) and forgivable loans (in which all or a part of the loan is forgiven if the borrower resides in the home for a specified period of time). The forgiven part of a forgivable loan amounts to a contingent grant. If the borrower sells the home prior to the specified time period, all or part of the loan is due. A common variation is to have portions of the loan forgiven gradually over a period of years.