Neighbors In Action
La Crescent Neighbors In Action
703 S 11th St, La Crescent, MN, 55947-1497
Distance: 1003 Miles
The Caregiver Consultant service is part of the Minnesota Board on Aging's Live Well at Home program. The consultants are trained professionals who provide family caregivers with useful information, skills and tools, as well as help with problem-solving. The consultant's role includes developing strategies for the caregiver to achieve a balanced lifestyle that allows for both providing care and maintaining their own health.
Caregiver consultants are available to:
* Unpaid family, partners and friends who provide care to an older adult (60 years or older)
* Unpaid family, partners and friends who provide on-going care to younger persons with dementia
* Persons age 55 or older who live with and care for a grandchild, other relative's child, or an adult child with a disability
Caregiver Consultants may provide:
* Education on caregiving skills
* Advice on how to take care of yourself and deal with stress
* Information on diseases, such as Alzheimer's or dementia
* Help with managing family relationships
* Training on skills such as assertiveness and communication
* Support with getting other family members and friends to assist
* Conducting family meetings
Consultants will help identify the caregiver's strengths and needs. They help develop a personalized caregiving plan with goals. They offer problem-solving, coaching, and ongoing support to help the caregiver reach their goals.
- Title III
Unpaid caregivers (such as a spouse, adult child, other relative, partner or friend) who are caring for an older adult (60 years or older ), or for an individual with dementia (such as Alzheimer's Disease). Also eligible are people (age 55 or older) who live with and care for a grandchild, a relative's child or an adult child with a disability.
Sliding fee scale based on income
La Crescent, Caledonia, Houston, Spring Grove and the surrounding areas
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-0780Caregiver Consultation and Support Definition
Programs that provide information, guidance and assistance that supports the ability of family members and other informal caregivers to make decisions and solve problems relating to their caregiving role. The service helps the caregiver find practical solutions to concerns about the health and wellbeing of the care recipient; and may be provided via an advice line or an online chat service as well as in in-person settings.
PH-0800Caregiver Training Definition
Programs that provide training for family members and other informal caregivers which focuses on care-related activities such as medication management, personal care and making the home environment safe and barrier-free as well as on stress management and other techniques to help the caregiver take care of him or herself. The focus of the training is on building the skills and capacity of the caregiver to manage their caregiving role. Some programs include a caregiver assessment, development of an individualized plan that focuses on the caregiver, setting goals and establishing a routine for ongoing support for the caregiver.