New Dawn, Inc.
Supported Living Services (SLS)
New Dawn, Worthington - Hillcrest
1415 Hillcrest, Worthington, MN, 56187
Distance: 962 Miles
Supported Living Services (SLS) is training for people with developmental disabilities to increase independence. Supported Living Services are for children, youth and adults.
About This Location
Supported Living Services (SLS) for Children:
SLS for children is provided in a family-style home with up to three (3) other persons, outside of the biological or adoptive home, that helps with community integration.
Supported Living Services (SLS) for Adults:
SLS for adults may be provided in:
* Person's own home
* The community, like at their local store or library
* Licensed community residential setting
Examples of service areas include:
* Eating and preparing food
* Personal grooming and cleaning
* Social and adaptive skills
* Community participation and mobility
* Health care, leisure and recreation
* Household chores
* Interpersonal skills
* Money management
* Increase of positive behavior and reduction or elimination of challenging behavior
* Sensory and motor development
Supportive Living providers providing services to individuals on the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver in an adult foster care home must also maintain a Foster Care facility license. Use the Department of Human Services (DHS) Licensing Information Lookup to verify this provider has an active foster care license or a Home and Community Based Services license.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
Learn more about this service when paid for under Developmental Disabilities Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Because service availability may be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this service may be provided using phone calls or other technology to offer real-time contact and support.
Licenses and Certifications
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Capacity 4
- Developmental disabilities
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1069644||Supported Living Services - Community Residential Setting||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||http://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=1069644|
SLS is available when all of the following are met:
* The need for this service is in the assessment and the service is on the service plan
* The person requires daily staff intervention due to severe behavior problems, medical conditions, physical deficits and/or lack of adequate survival skills
For children (under age 18) - the behavioral, medical or physical needs must result in the family's inability to maintain them in their home.
Under Waiver Reimagine, corporate foster care (adult and child) and supportive living services corporate are streamlining into one service called community residential services as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval). For more information about community residential services and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the DHS manual page for community residential services and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
Under Waiver Reimagine, family foster care (adult and child) and supportive living services family are streamlining into one service called family residential services as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval). For more information about community residential services and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the DHS manual page for family residential services and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
This service can be funded through a Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver if the assessment shows the need and it is included in the service plan.
- New Dawn, Fulda - 8th 310 8th St NE, Fulda, MN, 56131-9688
- New Dawn, Fulda - Baltimore 101 S Baltimore, Fulda, MN, 56187
- New Dawn, Fulda - Lloyd 718 Lloyd Ln, Fulda, MN, 56131-9464
- New Dawn, Fulda - Roy 304 Roy Ave N, Fulda, MN, 56131-9531
- New Dawn, Worthington - Burlington 801 Burlington Ave, Worthington, MN, 56187-2046
- New Dawn, Worthington - Clary 1540 Clary St, Worthington, MN, 56187-2063
- New Dawn, Worthington - Dorathea 1936 Dorathea Blvd, Worthington, MN, 56187-1404
- New Dawn, Worthington - Douglas #1 1532 Douglas Ave, Worthington, MN, 56187-1938
- New Dawn, Worthington - East #1 1518 East Ave, Worthington, MN, 56187-2529
- New Dawn, Worthington - East #2 1516 East Ave, Worthington, MN, 56187-2529
- New Dawn, Worthington - Johnson 1608 Johnson Ln, Worthington, MN, 56187
- New Dawn, Worthington - Linda 928 Linda Ln, Worthington, MN, 56187
- New Dawn, Worthington - Summit 1941 Summit Ave, Worthington, MN, 56187
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-3100.3300In Home Developmental Disabilities Habilitation Programs Definition
Programs that provide habilitation services whose goal is to help individuals with developmental disabilities who reside within the family home achieve maximum independence, integration, individualization and productivity in both home and community settings. Habilitation services include therapeutic activities, assistance, training, supervision and monitoring in the areas of self-care, sensory and motor development, interpersonal skills, communication, socialization, health care, leisure and recreation, money management, household chores and other self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in the community.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
A respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in 2019 which likely originally emerged from an animal source, has spread person-to-person in many locales as well as to other countries around the world and has been identified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). Symptoms include mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Those most at risk from the virus are older adults and people with pre-existing health conditions.