Kindred Family Focus - Rochester
1700 Broadway Ave N, Ste 160, Rochester, MN, 55906-4297
Distance: 994 Miles
Programming to help parents or potential parents succeed in the parenting role
This can include classes, workshops, information or other educational opportunities.
Offers intensive support and collaborative services for at-risk parents
Skilled foster parents work with families to:
* Teach parenting skills through modeling parenting techniques, setting examples and providing education
* Improve family's communication and relationship skills
* Departments of juvenile services
* County Human Service agencies
* Department of Health
* Family Court
* Community programs
Olmsted, Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, Winona
- Kindred Family Focus - Brainerd Office 17025 Commercial Park Rd, Unit 6, Brainerd, MN, 56401-6254
- Kindred Family Focus - Central Region Bemidji Office 619 Beltrami Ave NW, Ste 101, Bemidji, MN, 56601-3052
- Kindred Family Focus - Northeast Region Cloquet Office 1302 Cloquet Ave, Cloquet, MN, 55720-1623
- Kindred Family Focus - Northwest Region Fergus Falls Office 220 W Washington Ave, Ste B2, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537-2569
- Kindred Family Focus - Shoreview Office 5985 Rice Creek Pkwy, Ste 202, Shoreview, MN, 55126-5037
- Kindred Family Focus - St. Cloud Office 412 Great Oak Dr, Waite Park, MN, 56387-2504
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6100.3300Home Based Parenting Education Definition
Programs that visit the homes of parents who want to acquire the knowledge and skills to be effective in their parenting role and provide parenting education services in the family setting. The programs may focus on teen parents; parents who need to develop skills to handle a difficult child; families who want to learn school-readiness activities to share with their child; individuals for whom parenting is a new experience; families at risk for child abuse, neglect or out-of-home placement; or others who have issues that are most effectively resolved in the home environment.
PH-6200.1500Communication Training Definition
Programs that help participants develop or refine their communication skills, usually by focusing on communication in a particular context, e.g., helping parents communicate with their children, helping professionals communicate with their clients and so forth. Training may emphasize active listening skills, problem-solving skills, conflict resolution techniques, body language, empathy, sensitivity to the values and/or cultural background of others, genuineness and other facets of the communication process.
PH-6300.2000Foster Homes for Dependent Children Definition
Programs that provide alternative family living arrangements in agency-supervised private family homes for children and youth who have been neglected, abused or abandoned in situations where a children's protective services worker or a court has decided that they cannot live safely at home.
The lawful mother and father of a person. Included are the natural mother or father of a child born to a valid marriage; the adoptive father or mother of a child jointly adopted by them; the natural mother of an illegitimate child if she is the sole guardian; the child's putative parent who has expressly acknowledged paternity and has contributed to the child's support; and any individual whose status as guardian of the child has been established by statute.