Northland AFC Inc
Adult Foster Care
1576 White Pine Trl, Cloquet, MN, 55720-1391
Distance: 787 Miles
Adult Foster Care homes provide sleeping accommodations and services for one to five adults and are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). The rooms may be private or shared and the dining areas, bathrooms, and other spaces are shared family style. Adult foster care homes can offer a wide array of services, which may include providing personal care, household and living skills help or training, help with medication, and help in safeguarding cash resources.
Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes that serve adults that are 55 years old or older can be licensed for 1 to 5 beds. Adult Foster Care homes that serve adults that are between the ages of 18 and 54 years old can be licensed for 1 to 4 beds.
There are two types of Adult Foster Care:
* Family Adult Foster Care - In Family Adult Foster Care the license holder lives in the home and is the primary caregiver.
* Corporate Adult Foster Care - In Corporate Adult Foster Care the license holder does not live in the home and is not the primary caregiver. Trained and hired staff generally provide services. Corporate Foster Care providers delivering services to individuals on the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC) or Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waivers, must also maintain a Foster Care facility license.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
Use the DHS Licensing Information Lookup to verify this provider has an active foster care license - http://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual at http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/id_001786 and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual at http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_056766#foster
* Help with behavior management
* 24 hour supervision with a staff ratio of no less than 2:4
* Awake overnight staff in all of their homes
* Programming to individuals with a vast array of disabilities: mild to severe intellectual disabilities, autism, and fetal alcohol syndrome.
* Programming to enhance independent living skills, pro social skill development, physical and leisure recreation.
* Nursing services and have two staff to write behavior support plans when needed.
They oversee the training and implementation of every program. Their staff is trained in de-escalation techniques.
Client Information and Specialization
- Developmentally disabled
Licenses and Certifications
- Adult Foster Care (Rule 203)
- Adult Foster Care Type - corporate
- Chapter 245D License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Capacity 4
Specialized Cognitive Care Program
- Care for persons with a developmental disability or related condition
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1068590||Adult Foster Care - Community Residential Setting||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||http://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=1068590|
- Almac House 1106 Almac Dr, Proctor, MN, 55810-2723
- Arrowhead House 6580 W Arrowhead Rd, Cloquet, MN, 55720-9246
- Celia House 3208 Celia St, Duluth, MN, 55811-2827
- Decker House 3411 Decker Rd, Duluth, MN, 55811-2955
- East House 2112 E Superior St, Duluth, MN, 55812-2138
- Midway House 3994 Old Midway Rd, Hermantown, MN, 55810-9747
- Northland - 57th Avenue 221 S 57th Ave W, Duluth, MN, 55807-2312
- Saginaw House 7031 Saginaw Rd, Saginaw, MN, 55779-9410
- Solway House 6262 Highway 194, Saginaw, MN, 55779-9702
- Springvale House 1838 Springvale Rd, Duluth, MN, 55811-3151
- Ugstad House 4668 Ugstad Rd, Hermantown, MN, 55811-9701
- West House 112 S 59th Ave W, Duluth, MN, 55807-2323
- Woodridge House 4871 Woodridge Dr, Hermantown, MN, 55811-3913
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-020Adult Foster Homes Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangement for older adults or adults with disabilities who need supervision and personal care (but generally not nursing care) and who do not live with their families. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the individual to become a participating member of the family and the community in which the family resides, and to share in the interaction and responsibilities of being a part of a family. Foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states; and some jurisdictions may permit the provision of rehabilitation services, nursing care and other medical services. Some adult foster homes may specialize in providing care for adults with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, mental health issues or other specific conditions. Licensing requirements vary considerably from area to area.
YF-1800.0400Autism Spectrum Disorders Definition
A group of disorders that are usually evident in the first years of life and are characterized by severe and pervasive impairment in several areas of development including social interaction skills, communication skills and/or the presence of stereotyped behavior, interests and activities. In general, children who have a type of ASD have difficulty in talking, playing with other children, and relating to others, including their family.
YF-1800.5000Intellectual Disabilities Definition
A condition in which individuals exhibit a range of sub-average intellectual functioning concurrently with adaptive behavior deficits which are manifested during the developmental period and which adversely affect educational performance. (Adaptive behavior is measured by the effectiveness with which or the degree to which the individual is able to meet the standards of personal independence and social responsibility that are expected for the person's age and cultural group).