Northwood Children's Services
Foster Care, Child
Call for location
The child foster care waiver service covers the provision of protection, supervision, household services, living skills assistance or training and assistance safeguarding cash resources. Child foster care may be authorized when the scope of services assessed and identified in the support plan exceeds both:
* The scope of services provided in the out-of-home placement plan
* The payment rate the lead agency is required to cover.
Child foster care also includes assistance with:
* Personal cares
* Chore services
* Behavioral aide
* Medication oversight (to the extent permitted under state law)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Child Foster Care License (Rule 2690)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
St. Louis County
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6300.1900Foster Homes for Children With Disabilities Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangements for children with developmental disabilities, sensory impairments, physical disabilities or multiple disabilities who are unable to live with their birth parents. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the child with a disability to live with a family in a residential setting.