Nystrom & Associates, Ltd.
Mental Health Clinic
332 W Superior St, Ste 300, Providence Building, Duluth, MN, 55802-1844
Distance: 999 Miles
Agency provides outpatient mental health services including diagnostic assessment, psychotherapy and other treatment services for individuals with mental or emotional disorders, and other psychiatric conditions. Some providers also provide rehabilitative mental health services, and some may also provide services to persons with developmental disabilities, alcoholism or substance abuse.
Provides educational, informational, and preventive services to the community.
Provides as a minimum the following services:
* Intake and case assignment
* Mental health evaluation including assessment and diagnostic process
* Treatment planning
* Mental health counseling, consultation and individual therapy case review
* Access to emergency service
* Access to hospital admission
* Licensed physician, who has completed an approved residency program in psychiatry
* Doctoral clinical, counseling, or health care psychologist
* Clinical social worker with a master's degree in social work from an accredited college or university or clinical psychiatric nurse with a master's degree
Provides the following services:
* Psychiatry and medication services
* Counseling and psychotherapy services for children, adults, couples and families
* In-home therapy for adults and kids
* Group therapy for adults and kids
* Psychological testing
* Substance use disorder treatment
* Dialectical Behavior Therapy
* Adult day treatment
* School based mental and chemical health
* Mother baby intensive outpatient program
* Nutrition counseling
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|804103||Mental Health Clinic||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||http://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=804103|
Mental health services for children, adolescents and adults
Call the location closest to you to set up an initial intake session. New Patients: If email is more convenient for you, schedule a first-time appointment via email at: email@example.com
Most commercial insurances, Medical Assistance (MA), Prepaid Medical Assistance Plans (PMAP), Medicare
6:45am - 6:30pm, Monday - Thursday
6:45am - 5:00pm, Friday
Carlton, St. Louis, and Lake counties.
- Apple Valley 7300 147th St W, Ste 204, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-7850
- Baxter/Brainerd 13045 Falcon Dr, Ste 100, Baxter, MN, 56425-4201
- Big Lake 207 Jefferson Blvd, Big Lake, MN, 55309-4667
- Bloomington 1101 E 78th St, Ste 100, Bloomington, MN, 55420-1402
- Cambridge 817 Main St N, Cambridge, MN, 55008-1275
- Coon Rapids 11660 Round Lake Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433-2638
- Eden Prairie 11010 Prairie Lakes Dr, Ste 350, Prairie Lakes Corporate Center, Eden Prairie, MN, 55344-3801
- Maple Grove 13603 80th Cir N, Maple Grove, MN, 55369-8961
- Minnetonka 13100 Wayzata Blvd, Ste 200, Minnetonka, MN, 55305-1810
- New Brighton 1900 Silver Lake Rd NW, Ste 110, New Brighton, MN, 55112-1789
- Otsego 9245 Quantrelle Ave NE, Otsego, MN, 55330-0168
- Rochester 401 16th St SE, Ste 100, Rochester, MN, 55904-7974
- Sartell 101 Dehler Dr, Sartell, MN, 56377-4407
- Woodbury 1811 Weir Dr, Ste 270, Woodbury, MN, 55125-6741
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
RD-1800Dialectical Behavior Therapy Definition
Programs that offer a form of therapy developed by Marsha M. Linehan that is designed especially for people with boarderline personality disorder (BPD) who are involved in self-cutting or other forms of self-mutilitation, have attempted suicide or have suicidal thoughts or exhibit other behaviors related to self-injury. Treatment involves individual therapy, a skills group, telephone contact and therapist consultation. The group skills training has four modules: core mindfulness skills, interpersonal effectiveness skills, emotion regulation skills and distress tolerance skills. The focus of the group sessions is on learning and practicing adaptive skills that are particularly relevant to the problems experienced by people with BPD. While originally developed for this population, dialectical behavior therapy has been used with people who have other types of emotional disorders.
RF-2500Group Counseling Definition
Programs that offer therapist-facilitated collective treatment sessions in which unrelated groups of individuals, couples or families discuss their attitudes, feelings and problems and, with input from other members of the group, attempt to achieve greater self and interpersonal understanding and adjustment and explore solutions to their problems.
RM-6500Outpatient Mental Health Facilities Definition
Programs that provide walk-in, walk-out diagnostic and treatment services for children, adolescents and/or adults who have acute or chronic psychiatric disorders but do not need 24-hour care; and/or provide counseling services for individuals, couples, families and extended family groups who may be experiencing difficulty resolving personal or interpersonal conflicts or making personal adjustments to stressful life situations such as separation, divorce, widowhood, loss of a child, poor health, unemployment, family violence, delinquency or substance abuse.
RP-5000.6400Psychological Assessment Definition
Programs that utilize a variety of means to evaluate and identify the best mode of treatment for individuals who have developmental deficits, learning disabilities, neurological impairments, loss of memory, behavioral problems, personality disorders or adjustment problems. Diagnostic techniques may include observation of the person's behavior, interviews with the individual and significant others, psychological testing as indicated, and neuropsychological assessment in situations where organic involvement such as brain injury is suspected. Ongoing assessment may be provided as a means of evaluating the effectiveness of treatment.
RP-6400Psychiatric Services Definition
Programs that are staffed by physicians who specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional and behavior disorders. Psychiatrists have specialized training, knowledge and skills which enable them to explore the biologic, psychological and social components of illnesses; and are licensed to prescribe medication, conduct physical examinations, order and interpret laboratory tests and EEGs and order brain imaging studies such as CT, CAT, MRI and PET scans as well as evaluate and treat psychological and interpersonal problems and provide continuing psychiatric care.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YF-5000.1515Co-Occurring Disorders Definition
A condition, previously referred to in the U.S. as "dual diagnosis", in which individuals have both a diagnosed mental illness and a substance use disorder involving either drugs or alcohol. Any combination of mental health and substance use disorders qualifies for this diagnosis, e.g., an alcohol use disorder and depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and a heroin use disorder, prescription drug dependence and anxiety. For purposes of treatment, it is recommended that clients receive intensive medical and therapeutic intervention and care for both disorders at the same time, allowing them to manage the symptoms caused by the mental health disorder without resorting to drugs and/or alcohol and worsening their mental health symptoms, or allowing an untreated mental health order to increase the urge to drink or get high.
YF-8000.1800-620Opioid Use Disorder Definition
A disorder that is characterized by the use of opiates including heroin, opium, nonprescription methadone and morphine that are valued for the physical and psychological symptoms they produce including insensitivity to physical or emotional pain, euphoria, drowsiness and sleep. Negative side effects include the risk of an overdose which may result in death through respiratory depression; severe withdrawal symptoms if the drug is withheld; and associated health problems including the risk of hepatitis, blood poisoning, abscesses of the liver, brain and lungs and AIDS.