Pine Island Area Home Services
Companionship - Living at Home Block Nurse
109 3rd St SW, Pine Island, MN, 55963-9315
Distance: 1005 Miles
Companionship programs connect people with volunteers who visit individuals who are:
* In the hospital
* Socially isolated
Visitors help to provide conversation, reading or other social activities to help keep older adults or people with disabilities engaged.
Offers friendly visiting and phone calls
9:00am - 1:00pm, Monday - Thursday
Pine Island School District + 3 miles and Oronoco areas
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Errand Running and Shopping - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Fitness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Foot Care - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Home Repair and Maintenance - Living at Home Block Nurse
- House Cleaning - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Support Group - Memory Loss (Memory Cafe)
- Telephone Reassurance - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Transportation - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Wellness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Yard Work - Living at Home Block Nurse
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-1400.1900-230Friendly Visiting Definition
Programs that use "friendly visitors" (usually volunteers but also paid hourly companions) to call on people who are hospitalized or in another institutional setting, who are homebound or socially isolated due to disability or old age, or otherwise lack companionship with the objective of brightening their day and helping them to maintain contact with the outside world by reading, talking, listening, writing letters or performing other similar tasks.