Pine Island Area Home Services
Wellness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
109 3rd St SW, Pine Island, MN, 55963-9315
Distance: 1002 Miles
Health and wellness education promotes healthy behaviors to reduce health risks, manage common conditions and prevent physical and mental health problems.
* Blood pressure checks provided by volunteer nurses at various clinics and at home visits
* Hearing clinics
* Flu shot clinics
* Educational classes
Age 65 and older
Call (507) 356-2999 to set up an appointment.
There is no fee for this service.
9:00am - 1:00pm, Monday - Thursday
Pine Island School District + 3 miles and Oronoco areas
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Companionship - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Errand Running and Shopping - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Fitness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Foot Care - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Home Repair and Maintenance - Living at Home Block Nurse
- House Cleaning - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Telephone Reassurance - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Transportation - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Yard Work - Living at Home Block Nurse
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LF-4900.1000Blood Pressure Screening Definition
Programs that measure the pressure existing in the large arteries at the height of a pulse wave and identify individuals whose blood pressure is higher than normal, and who are thereby susceptible to strokes and other conditions that are related to hypertension.
LH-2700.9500Wellness Programs Definition
Programs that offer individual and/or group sessions which assist participants to understand how their lifestyle impacts their physical and mental health and to develop personal practices that enhance their total well-being. Wellness programs are holistic and combine a variety of components which may include a general physical examination that is tailored to the individual's needs; an evaluation of the person's pattern of exercise, eating habits, sources of stress and other lifestyle elements that are potential risk factors; and the development and implementation of an individualized plan for prevention management and early intervention to optimize health and performance which may include physical fitness sessions, nutrition counseling, stress reduction techniques, biofeedback, practice in assuming responsibility for one's choices, and other specific measures for avoiding physical and mental health problems.