Prairie Five Community Action Council, Inc.
Senior Dining and/or Takeout
Porter - Porter Café & Grocery
304 Maple St, Porter, MN, 56280
Distance: 1368 Miles
Hot, well balanced meals are available to older adults at congregate dining sites. Fresh meals may be served as group dining or packaged and available for take-out.
The Prairie Five Meals Program serves 25 communities with Congregate Dining and home-delivered meals. The Program promotes health and independent living in the senior population through improved nutrition and reduction of social isolation.
Volunteers of any age are welcome to help make Senior Nutrition Congregate Dining services available and successful in communities.
Special diets are available with a doctor's order.
- Community Action Partnership
- Title III
- Older adults
Available to all ages.
Residents of Big Stone, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Swift and Yellow Medicine Counties
Call to reserve a meal or for home delivery.
* The suggested donation rate for adults 60+ is $4.50
* For guests under 60 years of age, the charge is $8.00
* Children under 12 years of age pay $4.00 and receive 1/2 portions
Yellow Medicine County
- Appleton - American Legion Building 35 N Miles St, Appleton, MN, 56208
- Beardsley - Bobby Jo's Café 217 Washington St S, Bobby Jo's Cafe, Beardsley, MN, 56211
- Benson - Parkview Manor Senior High-Rise 300 13th St N, Benson, MN, 56215
- Clarkfield - Valhalla Apartments 1012 12th Ave, Clarkfield, MN, 56223
- Dawson - Riverside Manor 1059 Pine St, Dawson, MN, 56232
- Graceville - Senior Citizens Center 418 Studdart Ave, Graceville, MN, 56240
- Hanley Falls - American Legion Building 109 N 1st St, Hanley Falls, MN, 56245
- Madison - Pantry Cafe 217 6th Ave, Madison, MN, 56256
- Madison - Park Avenue Apartments 310 Park Ave, Madison, MN, 56256
- Marietta - Hoyt Memorial Building 2nd St, Hoyt Memorial Bldg, Marietta, MN, 56257
- Montevideo - Community Center 550 SW 1st St, Montevideo, MN, 56265
- Montevideo - Parkview Towers 501 N 1st St, Montevideo, MN, 56265
- Ortonville - Lakeside Apartments 301 1st St NW, Ortonville, MN, 56278
- Prairie Five Community Action Agency - Main Office 719 N 7th St, Ste 302, Montevideo, MN, 56265
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BD-5000.1500Congregate Meals/Nutrition Sites Definition
Programs that provide hot meals on a regular basis primarily for older adults who may be at risk for nutritional deficits and social isolation without assistance. Congregate meals are often combined with recreational, educational and social activities, and programs may include access to health services and/or information. Some programs are also open to caregivers, spouses and/or adults with disabilities.
BD-5000.4500Low Cost Meals Definition
Restaurants, cafeterias and other eating establishments operated by hospitals, senior centers or other organizations or functioning independently which provide reduced-cost meals for low-income people, older adults or other targeted individuals.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.