REM Minnesota, Inc.
REM River Bluffs, Inc. - 10th
Call for location
Equipment that improves a person's ability to:
* Control or access the environment
* Perform activities of daily living
Services may include:
* Assessment of the need for the device, including software
* Equipment rental during a trial period, customization, training and technical assistance
* Maintenance, repair of devices and rental of equipment during repairs
* Device selection help from available options
* Ongoing training and evaluation about the device for the person and their caregivers
Learn more about this service when paid for under the Developmental Disabilities waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Assistive Technology Equipment
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Amber Call for location, MN
- REM South Central Services, Inc. - Elm Call for location, MN
- REM Southwest Services, Inc. - Marshall Area Office Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Install
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
- In-Home Family Support
- Positive Support Services
- Social Security Representative Payee
- Specialist Services
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transitional Services
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LF-4900.1900Evaluation for Assistive Technology Definition
Programs that assess the current ability to function of people who have disabilities and prescribe or recommend the most appropriate assistive technology product to meet their individual needs including communication/learning aids, control and signaling aids, daily living aids, hearing augmentation aids, mobility aids, prosthetic/orthotic/seating devices, recreational aids, speech aids and/or visual/reading aids.
LH-0600Assistive Technology Equipment Definition
Programs that pay for or provide equipment, appliances and assistive aids that enable people, including those who have physical or sensory limitations, to increase their mobility and/or ability to communicate and live more comfortably.