REM Minnesota, Inc.
Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Modification
REM River Bluffs, Inc. - 10th
Call for location
Home modifications are physical adaptations to a person's primary home. These modifications can make a person's home safer and help people function with greater independence.
About This Location
Home accessibility modifications to your present residence or new construction may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Modification of bathrooms and kitchens, including grab bars
* Widening of doorways
* Adaptations to furniture
* Adaptations to bikes and strollers
* Alarm/monitoring systems and other requirements of applicable life safety and fire codes (if any)
* Floor coverings (such as allergy friendly or accessibility flooring)
* Specialized electric and plumbing systems (necessary to accommodate medical equipment and supplies)
* Modification to meet egress requirements that are not the homeowner's responsibility and are related to a person's assessed needs
* Monitoring technology
* Shatterproof windows
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers and the Alternative Care Program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- REM Central Lakes, Inc. - SES Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - SILS Call for location, MN
- REM Minnesota - State Office Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Employment Services (Waiver)
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
- In-Home Family Support
- Positive Support Services
- Specialist Services
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.3500Home Barrier Evaluation/Removal Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies for people with disabilities who need to install ramps, elevators, stair glides or lifts; widen doorways; install grab bars in showers and bathrooms; lower kitchen and other cabinets; or make other modifications in their homes or apartments to make them accessible. Also included are programs that assess the accessibility of homes and apartments of people who have disabilities and make recommendations regarding necessary modifications.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.