REM Minnesota, Inc.
Foster Care, Child
REM River Bluffs, Inc. - 10th
Call for location
The child foster care waiver service covers the provision of protection, supervision, household services, living skills help or training and support safeguarding cash resources. Child foster care may be authorized when the scope of services assessed and identified in the support plan exceeds both:
* The scope of services provided in the out-of-home placement plan
* The payment rate the lead agency is required to cover
About This Location
Child foster care also includes assistance with:
* Activities of daily living
* Chore services
* Behavioral aide
* Medication oversight (to the extent permitted under state law)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
Under Waiver Reimagine, corporate foster care (adult and child) and supportive living services corporate are streamlining into one service called community residential services as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval). For more information about community residential services and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the Department of Human Services (DHS) manual page for community residential services and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
Under Waiver Reimagine, family foster care (adult and child) and supportive living services family are streamlining into one service called family residential services as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval). For more information about community residential services and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the DHS manual page for family residential services and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
- REM Arrowhead, Inc. - St. Louis Co Call for location, MN
- REM Central Lakes, Inc. - SES Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - SILS Call for location, MN
- REM Minnesota - State Office Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Employment Services (Waiver)
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Modification
- Foster Care, Adult
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
- In-Home Family Support
- Positive Support Services
- Specialist Services
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6300.1900Foster Homes for Children With Disabilities Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangements for children with developmental disabilities, sensory impairments, physical disabilities or multiple disabilities who are unable to live with their birth parents. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the child with a disability to live with a family in a residential setting.