REM Minnesota, Inc.
In-Home Family Support
REM River Bluffs, Inc. - 10th
Call for location
In-Home Family Supports (IHFS) help people with disabilities live in the community more independently. It is available through the disability waivers - Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), and Developmental Disabilities (DD).
Training is provided in the person's home and community, with the goal to develop, maintain or improve the person's skills related to activities of daily living.
Training is available to the person on the waiver or the person's family, including extended family.
Learn more about this service when paid for under a disability waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Under Waiver Reimagine, in-home family supports is streamlining into individualized home supports with family training as of January 1, 2021 (or upon federal approval).
For more information about individualized home supports and the transition throughout 2021, please visit the Department of Human Services (DHS) manual page for individualized home supports and the FAQ section of the Waiver Reimagine website.
This service can be funded through a disability waiver if the assessment shows the need and it is included in the service plan.
- REM Arrowhead, Inc. - St. Louis Co Call for location, MN
- REM Central Lakes, Inc. - SES Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Dorothy Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Madelia (Drew) Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Mankato Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Mankato 2 Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - SILS Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Crystal Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Minnetonka Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Queen Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - William Call for location, MN
- REM Minnesota - State Office Call for location, MN
- REM River Bluffs, Inc. - Rochester SE Call for location, MN
- REM Southwest Services, Inc. - Montevideo Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Employment Services (Waiver)
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Modification
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
- Positive Support Services
- Specialist Services
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-3100.3300In Home Developmental Disabilities Habilitation Programs Definition
Programs that provide habilitation services whose goal is to help individuals with developmental disabilities who reside within the family home achieve maximum independence, integration, individualization and productivity in both home and community settings. Habilitation services include therapeutic activities, assistance, training, supervision and monitoring in the areas of self-care, sensory and motor development, interpersonal skills, communication, socialization, health care, leisure and recreation, money management, household chores and other self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in the community.