REM Minnesota, Inc.
Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
REM River Bluffs, Inc. - 10th
Call for location
Individualized Home Supports uses a person-centered approach to support what is important to and for a person. The service combines both training and supports into a single, flexible service.
Support and training happens in four broad community living service areas:
* Community participation
* Healthy, safety and wellness
* Household management
* Adaptive skills
Individualized Home Supports expands upon how services are delivered to include both in-person and remote support service delivery. The remote support service delivery is real-time, two-way technology-based communication. This can include telephone calls, text messaging, and video conferencing.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers and the Alternative Care Program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
Available to people on Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), and Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver.
- REM Arrowhead, Inc. - St. Louis Co Call for location, MN
- REM Central Lakes, Inc. - SES Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Office Call for location, MN
- REM Minnesota Community Services, Inc. - Regional Office - St. Paul 1 Call for location, MN
- REM Minnesota Community Services, Inc. - Regional Office - St. Paul 2 Call for location, MN
- REM North Star, Inc. - Anne Call for location, MN
- REM South Central Services, Inc. - Elm Call for location, MN
- REM Southwest Services, Inc. - Marshall Area Office Call for location, MN
- Rem Woodvale, Inc. - Main Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Install
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Positive Support Services
- Social Security Representative Payee
- Specialist Services
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transitional Services
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-3200Independent Living Skills Instruction Definition
Programs that assist people who have disabilities to learn the basic skills of daily living through individual and group counseling and instruction, experience and practice in coping with real or simulated life situational demands; or through the use of assistive devices, special equipment and specialized assistants. Services include but are not limited to training in the ability to travel about the community alone; to live independently in a private residence; to maintain health through self-care and use of medical services; to live within personal income; to maintain acceptable grooming and appearance; to deal with legal, family or social problems; and to cope with other requirements for successful independent living.
PH-0500Attendant Services for People With Disabilities Definition
Programs that provide support for individuals with disabilities who need assistance with routine activities in or outside their homes.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.