REM Minnesota, Inc.
Positive Support Services
REM River Bluffs, Inc. - Rochester SE
Call for location
Positive support services consist of developing, implementing and monitoring a person-centered, individually designed, proactive plan to address challenging behaviors.
About This Location
Positive support services include:
* Use of person-centered approaches that incorporate a comprehensive functional behavior assessment of both positive and challenging behavior
* Development of a behavior support plan to teach an alternative positive behavior that will result in an increase in the person's quality of life and decrease of the challenging behavior
* Development of a Positive Support Transition Plan when required to phase out the use of restrictive interventions approved for use on a temporary basis
* Implementation of the plan(s) developed under this service, including ongoing training and supervision of paid staff, formal supports and informal supports
* Periodic reassessment and modification of the plan
Positive support services can be provided in the person's home or community.
Positive support services have three staffing levels. More than one staffing level can be authorized. The following determine the level(s) of positive support to be authorized:
* Person's assessed needs
* Environmental factors
* Personal choice that includes an analysis of risk and benefit
* Informed consent
* Person's history (history of behavior, services, how the person has responded to treatments, etc.)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Credentials/Qualifications of Enrolled Waiver Providers
- Waiver Behavior Analyst
- Waiver Behavior Professional
- Waiver Behavior Specialist
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
If you have waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
- REM Arrowhead, Inc. - St. Louis Co Call for location, MN
- REM Central Lakes, Inc. - SES Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Dorothy Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Madelia (Drew) Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Mankato Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - Mankato 2 Call for location, MN
- REM Heartland, Inc. - SILS Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Crystal Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Minnetonka Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - Queen Call for location, MN
- REM Hennepin, Inc. - William Call for location, MN
- REM Minnesota - State Office Call for location, MN
- REM River Bluffs, Inc. - 10th Call for location, MN
- REM Southwest Services, Inc. - Montevideo Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
RD-1000Behavioral Learning Therapy Definition
Programs that specialize in providing therapeutic interventions that are based on the principle that most disorders are learned ways of behaving that are maladaptive and consequently can be best modified in more adaptive directions through relearning. Treatment focuses directly on modifying the individual's troublesome behaviors without reference to introspection, mental processes and contents, or analysis of the origins of the problem.