Red Lake Nation IHS Hospital and Comprehensive Health Services
Sage Screening Program - Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
Red Lake Hospital and Clinic
24760 Hospital Dr, Redlake, MN, 56671
Distance: 1124 Miles
The statewide free breast and cervical cancer screening program provides screening and follow up services to uninsured and underinsured women to increase the number of age-appropriate women who are screened for breast and cervical cancer.
The following services are free of charge to eligible women at participating facilities across the state.
* Office visit for breast and/or cervical exam
* Annual screening mammogram (breast exam required)
* Pap smear every three years for women age 21 to 29 and every five years with High Risk Human Papillomavirus (HPV) co-test for age 30 to 65
* Office visit for breast or cervical services (results counseling or breast surgical consult)
* Diagnostic mammogram
* Fine needle aspiration of breast lump, including pathology reading
* Colposcopy, including biopsy
* Endometrial Biopsy (when done as a follow up for specific Pap result)
* Breast ultrasound
* Outpatient breast biopsy
This location primarily serves Red Lake members.
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
Women who meet all the criteria are eligible:
* Breast - Age 40 or older (see age exception below)*
* Cervical - Ages 21 to 65
* Have no insurance or are underinsured**
* Meet income guidelines - see table at https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/cancer/sage/services/index.html
* The Sage Program recognizes that breast services may be indicated in a woman under 40 if she has breast symptoms or a family history of breast cancer (self, parent, sibling, child). Sage will cover the office visit, screening or diagnostic mammogram, breast ultrasound, breast surgical consult or outpatient breast biopsy.
** Underinsured includes: Insurance that does not cover screening or insurance with unmet deductibles or copayments and women on Medicare where there are uncovered expenses associated with the office visit, Pap, or mammogram.
Women who are on either MinnesotaCare or Medical Assistance are not eligible for Sage (those programs cover these screening services).
American Indian women only.
To assist in determining eligibility and scheduling an appointment for a free breast and cervical cancer screening appointment at a participating Sage clinic, call toll-free 1-888-6-HEALTH or (888) 643-2584.
Primarily serves Native Americans living in Beltrami, Clearwater, Lake of the Woods, Koochiching, Marshall, Pennington, Polk and Roseau Counties.
|Little Rock Health Station||(218) 679-3717|
|Redby Health Station||(218) 679-3391|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LF-4900.1500-120Breast Examinations Definition
Programs that offer the screening procedure for the early detection of breast cancer which involves a manual examination of the breasts for lumps, thickening or other abnormalities.
LF-4900.1500-650Pap Tests Definition
Programs that conduct microscopic studies of tissue samples from the cervix or vagina as a means of early cancer detection in women.
YH-6000.6000Native American Community Definition
Individuals whose ethnic background and ancestry are that of the tribal, aboriginal peoples who originated in what is now the United States. Included are Native Americans who are living on or off reservations in rural and urban areas.
YJ-8800People Without Health Insurance Definition
Individuals and families who have no health care insurance coverage and who may not be receiving adequate medical care as a consequence.
YW-8500Tribal Reservation Residents Definition
Individuals and families of Native American descent who have needs and interests in common based on living in areas recognized by the federal or a state government as being set aside for the use of Native Americans and governed by Native Americans.