ResCare Minnesota Inc
Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS)
700 Transfer Rd, St. Paul, MN, 55114-1420
Distance: 1034 Miles
Intensive Residential Treatment Service (IRTS) provides psychiatric rehabilitation with the focus on restorative, recovery-oriented treatment and support. Programs are designed to address the complex needs of individuals with serious mental illness and often co-occurring substance use problems with a safe and supervised environment with treatment and support for successful transition to a more permanent living situation.
In addition to shared living space, participants may share meals, relaxation, household responsibilities and recreation. Group and individualized therapeutic interventions are provided according to individualized treatment plans. Plans are informed by the participant's goals and directed toward a successful transition to a more permanent living situation where work toward wellness and recovery is continued.
Residence for persons with mental illness providing:
* Mental Health support including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
* Chemical health support including Integrated Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment and transportation to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) weekly
* Crisis intervention
* Individual and small group counseling
* Recreational and leisure activities
* Resource referral/acquisition
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1090406||Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS)||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&dDocName=id_058155|
An eligible client for intensive residential treatment services is an individual who:
* Is age 18 or older
* Is diagnosed with a mental illness
* Because of a mental illness, has substantial disability and functional impairment
* Has one or more of the following: a history of recurring or prolonged inpatient hospitalizations in the past year, significant independent living instability, homelessness, or very frequent use of mental health and related services yielding poor outcomes
* Needs mental health services that cannot be met with other available community-based services, or is likely to experience a mental health crisis or require a more restrictive setting if intensive rehabilitative mental health services are not provided
Age 18 and older with serious and persistent mental illness.
- ResCare - 5th (Community Options Fridley) 5384 5th St NE, Fridley, MN, 55421-1108
- ResCare - Livingston Residence Call for location, MN
- ResCare - Northwest Residence 4408 69th Ave N, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429-1739
- ResCare - Rice (Community Options St. Paul) 1585 Rice St, St. Paul, MN, 55117-3751
- Transitions on Broadway 3776 W Broadway Ave, Robbinsdale, MN, 55422-2336
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
RM-7000.0500Adult Residential Treatment Facilities Definition
Programs that provide a treatment-oriented living experience in a community-based facility for adults who have emotional disturbances and who, because of their disabilities, are unable to succeed in other placements, but who do not require inpatient psychiatric hospitalization. The service is geared to the specific needs of individual residents and their eventual return to the community as soon as their personal and social adjustment and development permit.
YF-5000.1100Chronic/Severe Mental Illness Definition
A number of mental or emotional conditions of a seriously debilitating nature which progress or do not respond positively to treatment over a period of time and which require adjustments on the part of the individual and his or her significant others, or long-term medication, to make daily functioning possible.
YF-5000.1515Co-Occurring Disorders Definition
A condition, previously referred to in the U.S. as "dual diagnosis", in which individuals have both a diagnosed mental illness and a substance use disorder involving either drugs or alcohol. Any combination of mental health and substance use disorders qualifies for this diagnosis, e.g., an alcohol use disorder and depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and a heroin use disorder, prescription drug dependence and anxiety. For purposes of treatment, it is recommended that clients receive intensive medical and therapeutic intervention and care for both disorders at the same time, allowing them to manage the symptoms caused by the mental health disorder without resorting to drugs and/or alcohol and worsening their mental health symptoms, or allowing an untreated mental health order to increase the urge to drink or get high.
YZ-5000Mental Health Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of mental health/mental illness.