Transportation - Living at Home Block Nurse
230 1st Ave SW, Rothsay, MN, 56579
Distance: 1159 Miles
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
Volunteer drivers provide transportation to appointments in town and out of town.
* They offer rides to Fergus Falls, Fargo, and in Rothsay
* Volunteers provide medical escort services and transport to medical appointments. They will help you with questions to your doctor, take notes and instructions, assist in medications and dosages. Help you to fill your prescription after your appointment. Write the information down for you and your family to reference in the future if you should have questions.
Call 24 - 48 hours in advance for a ride by calling (218) 867-1234
Suggested fees for rides: Rothsay-$3.00, Fergus Falls-$10, and Fargo-$20
8:00am - 12:00pm, Monday - Friday and scheduled activities
Serves Rothsay, Foxhome, Carlisle and nearby communities in Otter Tail and Wilkin counties
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Companionship - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Fall Prevention - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Fitness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Foot Care - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Grocery Delivery - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Healthy Aging Classes
- Home Delivered Meals - Meals on Wheels (Living at Home Block Nurse)
- Respite - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Wellness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-500Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Definition
Programs that provide transportation for medical appointments, trips from and between hospitals, to nursing homes or other special-care centers or for other non-emergency medical needs for individuals who, because of financial problems or their physical condition, are unable to use other means of local transportation. NEMT service providers are able to transport riders who require a wheelchair lift equipped vehicle with appropriate protective restraints or a van that is designed for gurney/stretcher transportation, or has other types of features to meet their safety needs.
BT-4500.6500-800Senior Ride Programs Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of medical appointments, shopping, banking, social events, and other similar activities for older adults who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation.
PH-2200Escort Programs Definition
Programs that accompany people who have limited mobility, cognitive impairments or other problems to specified local destinations and provide assistance which may include transportation or driving services, assisting the individual to enter and leave the vehicle and buildings, carrying packages, helping the person deal with other challenges and/or providing emotional support. Escort programs may assist older adults and people with disabilities, people who have AIDS or fear they have contracted the HIV virus, and others who need emotional and/or physical support; and may have limitations regarding the types of trips that qualify for this service.