SMILES Center for Independent Living (SMILES CIL)
Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) Support Planner
709 S Front St, Ste 7, Mankato, MN, 56001
A Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) Support Planner helps people to write and use the person-centered Community Support Plan that is needed for CDCS.
CDCS allows participants in waiver programs or Alternative Care to manage their own services and supports. These personalized supports help people to live at home and avoid or delay out-of-home placement.
CDCS Support Planner services could include:
* Providing information about CDCS, provider options, and community resources
* Helping to write a person-centered CDCS Community Support Plan
* Helping to personalize a CDCS Community Support Plan based on the person's preferences and assessed needs
* Helping the person to put their plan into action, and to monitor, evaluate and revise their plan
* Helping to recruit, screen, hire, train, schedule and monitor workers
The person and/or family caregiver decides how much help they need from the CDCS Support Planner.
About This Location
Certified Support Planner staff:
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
Any person seeking help in planning and developing services and supports to remain at home using an established budget from public funds. Public funding is contingent on the availability of state and federal funding.
Call the vendor as each has different requirements.
Call the vendor as each has different requirements
Blue Earth County
|Toll Free||(888) 676-6498|
- Fairmont Office 301 Downtown Plz, Ste 3, Fairmont, MN, 56031
Other Services or resources
- Adult Companion Services
- Advocacy - Disabilities
- Assistive Technology
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Modification
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with Family Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) with Training
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) without Training
- Nursing Home Relocation
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice
- School to Adult Life Transition
- Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Community Partner
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DM-6000.8000Support Broker Services Definition
Programs that help older adults or people with disabilities and their caregivers develop a personal plan and budget for purchasing in-home services and/or supports that will help them avoid premature institutionalization. Support brokers help people select, employ, train and schedule personal care attendants and other support providers; define worker responsibilities and tasks; evaluate and monitor results; advocate and problem solve, as required; coordinate service delivery; and arrange for other services as needed by the person to remain at home. Support brokers monitor the individual's budget and represent the person when dealing with service providers but do not provide direct supportive living services.
LR-1550Centers for Independent Living Definition
Consumer controlled, community based, cross disability, nonresidential agencies designed and operated within a local community by individuals with disabilities that provide an array of independent living services. All CILs provide five core services: information and referral, independent living skills training, peer counseling, individual and systems advocacy and transition. In addition, many CILs also offer transportation services, mobility training, personal assistance, housing and home modifications, recreation services, vocational programs, assistance in obtaining assistive technology equipment and other individualized services designed to increase and maintain independence.
YJ-8750People With Disabilities/Health Conditions Definition
Individuals who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations, illnesses or injuries that affect their ability to engage in one or more major life activities. Disabilities and health conditions may be temporary or permanent, may be present at birth or occur at any point in a person's lifetime, and can be of different levels of severity.
YQ-1500Consumer Directed Organizational Perspective Definition
Organizations and individual practitioners who offer maximum choice and control (including the ability to select, manage and dismiss their workers) to people who use services or other supports to help with daily activities.