Salvation Army - Metro Area
Help Paying for Basic Needs
Social Services Office - Minneapolis
53 Glenwood Ave, Hope Harbor Building, Minneapolis, MN, 55403-1330
Distance: 1119 Miles
Offers cash or other short term aid to people in a crisis that is affecting their access to basic needs
Emergency assistance can vary based upon eligibility and available funds.
Type of assistance available will depend on location and program available funds.
Assistance varies by location but could include:
* Transportation assistance
* Clothing and household vouchers
* Furniture vouchers
* Rent assistance
* Utility assistance
* Help with medical bills
Check with your local service center to determine what programs and funds are available.
- People with low income
An appointment is necessary to request transportation assistance.
Rent assistance programs are restricted by geographical boundaries. Call for eligibility.
For Social Security disability and SOAR services: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington, Wright
- Central Worship & Service Center 2727 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN, 55418-2912
- Citadel Worship & Service Center 401 7th St W, St. Paul, MN, 55102-2796
- Eastside Worship & Service Center 1019 Payne Ave, St. Paul, MN, 55130-3932
- Lakewood Worship & Service Center 2080 Woodlynn Ave, Maplewood, MN, 55109-1418
- Noble Worship & Community Center 10011 Noble Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, MN, 55443-1323
- Parkview Worship & Service Center 2024 Lyndale Ave N, Minneapolis, MN, 55411-2715
- Social Services Office - Big Lake 115 Henry Rd, Unit A, Crossing at Big Lake Station, Big Lake, MN, 55309-4882
- Social Services Office - Blaine 1201 89th Ave NE, Ste 130, Blaine, MN, 55434-3086
- Social Services Office - Woodbury 7380 Afton Rd, Woodbury Lutheran Church, Woodbury, MN, 55125-1502
- Temple Worship & Service Center 1604 E Lake St, Minneapolis, MN, 55407-1897
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3800.5000Mortgage Payment Assistance Definition
Programs that make mortgage payments for people who are at risk of losing their homes without assistance. Mortgage payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.
BH-3800.7000Rent Payment Assistance Definition
Programs that make rental payments for people who are at risk of eviction without assistance. Rent payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.
BT-8300.1000Bus Fare Definition
Programs that provide cash or tokens for individuals who have no personal means of transportation and are unable to use public transportation (or a taxi service) for necessary local travel without assistance with the fare. Also included are programs that provide bus fare for people who need to travel out of town (e.g., for a funeral) but do not have the means to do so.
BT-8300.2500Gas Money Definition
Programs that provide money or vouchers to purchase gasoline, most frequently for individuals who need their automobile for necessary local or out-of-town travel but cannot afford to run their vehicle without assistance, but occasionally for people driving through the local area who have become stranded.
BT-8500Transportation Passes Definition
Programs that issue identification cards or vouchers that people can use in lieu of cash to pay for transportation.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.