Semcac Administrative Office
204 S Elm St, Rushford, MN, 55971
Distance: 958 Miles
Caregiver Consultation is a service that can help caregivers develop strategies to achieve a balanced lifestyle, allowing the caregiver to provide both good care and protect their own health. It is offered throughout Minnesota by professionals who are certified Caregiver Consultants. Consultants are certified by the Minnesota Board on Aging by meeting basic standards and completing training. Caregiver Consultation involves identifying a caregiver's strengths, needs and goals, and developing a plan with the caregiver.
Caregiver consultants are available to:
* Unpaid family, partners, and friends who provide care to an older adult (60 years or older)
* Unpaid family, partners, and friends who provide on-going care to younger persons with dementia
* Persons age 55 or older who live with and care for a grandchild, other relative's child, or an adult child with a disability
Caregiver Consultants may provide:
* Caregiving education and skills training
* Self-care and stress management suggestions
* Disease-specific information to support caregiving
* Guidance on managing family and care team relationships
* Communication and assertiveness skills training
* Support in developing informal networks of support
* Family meeting facilitation
The Caregiver Consultant service is part of the Minnesota Board on Aging's Live Well at Home program.
- Community Action Partnership
- Title III
Eligibility may vary by agency.
For Title III-E-funded providers, eligible individuals are unpaid caregivers (such as a spouse, adult child, relative, partner, or friend) who are caring for an older adult (60 years or older), or for an individual with dementia (such as Alzheimer's Disease).
Also eligible are people (age 55 or older) who live with and care for a grandchild, a relative's child, or an adult child with a disability.
Sliding fee scale based on income
Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Houston, Mower, Winona and Steele counties
Limited services in Olmsted, Goodhue, Rice, Wabasha and Waseca counties
- Dodge County (Semcac) 105 S Mantorville Ave, Kasson, MN, 55944
- Houston County (Semcac) 138 E Main St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- Steele County (Semcac) 545 Dunnell Dr, Owatonna, MN, 55060
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-0780Caregiver Consultation and Support Definition
Programs that provide information, guidance and assistance that supports the ability of family members and other informal caregivers to make decisions and solve problems relating to their caregiving role. The service helps the caregiver find practical solutions to concerns about the health and wellbeing of the care recipient; and may be provided via an advice line or an online chat service as well as in in-person settings.
PH-0800Caregiver Training Definition
Programs that provide training for family members and other informal caregivers which focuses on care-related activities such as medication management, personal care and making the home environment safe and barrier-free as well as on stress management and other techniques to help the caregiver take care of him or herself. The focus of the training is on building the skills and capacity of the caregiver to manage their caregiving role. Some programs include a caregiver assessment, development of an individualized plan that focuses on the caregiver, setting goals and establishing a routine for ongoing support for the caregiver.