Weatherization Assistance Program
Freeborn County Office (Semcac)
204 W Clark St, Albert Lea, MN, 56007
Distance: 1021 Miles
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
* Addition of attic or wall insulation
* Reduction of air leakage
* Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
* Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- People with low income
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income, are eligible. Households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are also eligible.
Priority is given to households with:
* Elderly or disabled family members
* Children under 19 years of age
* High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Serves Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Houston, Mower, Steele and Winona counties
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
- Dodge County (Semcac) 105 S Mantorville Ave, Kasson, MN, 55944
- Fillmore County (Semcac) 515 Washington St NW, Preston, MN, 55965
- Houston County (Semcac) 138 E Main St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- Mower County (Semcac) 111 N Main St, Ste 201, Austin, MN, 55912
- Semcac Administrative Office 204 S Elm St, Rushford, MN, 55971
- Steele County (Semcac) 545 Dunnell Dr, Owatonna, MN, 55060
- Winona County Office (Semcac) 420 E Sarnia St, Ste 1600, Winona, MN, 55987
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.1800-950Weatherization Programs Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies to help people improve the energy efficiency of their homes and protect them from the elements. The program provides ceiling insulation, attic venting, double glazed windows, weather-stripping, minor housing envelope repairs, low-flow showerheads, evaporative cooler vent covers, water heater blankets, pipe wrap, duct wrap, switch and outlet gaskets, caulking, and other related energy conservation measures. Weatherization programs may have age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.