Social Security Administration (SSA)
Employment Support for Workers with Disabilities - Ticket to Work/Self Sufficiency Program
Social Security Administration (SSA) - Duluth
230 W Superior St, Ste 500, Duluth, MN, 55802
Distance: 253 Miles
Program provides training or work experience to individuals with disabilities or impairing health conditions to help them find a job and become economically independent
The Ticket to Work Program is an employment program for people with disabilities who want to work.
The goal of the program is to increase opportunities and choices for Social Security disability beneficiaries to obtain employment, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), and other support services from public and private providers, employers, and other organizations.
Under the Ticket Program, the Social Security Administration provides disability beneficiaries services such as career counseling, vocational rehabilitation, and job placement and training from authorized Ticket to Work service providers, such as an Employment Network (EN) or your state Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency.
- Adults with disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Developmental disabilities
- Mental health
- Physical disabilities
Social Security disability beneficiaries for ages 18 - 64
Contact the Help Line at (866) 968-7842 or (866) 833-2967 (TTY) 7:00am - 7:00pm, Monday - Friday
The Ticket to Work program is free and voluntary and exists specifically to help people with disabilities progress toward financial self-sufficiency.
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Residents of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Kanabec, Lake, Pine, and southern St Louis counties
|Main - Local Toll Free||(855) 863-3560|
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Alexandria 2633 Jefferson St, Ste 701, Alexandria, MN, 56308
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Austin 404 2nd St NW, Austin, MN, 55912
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Baxter 8331 Brandon Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bemidji 2900 Hannah Ave NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bloomington 6161 American Blvd W, Ste 100, Bloomington, MN, 55438
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Brooklyn Center 3280 Northway Dr, Brooklyn Xing Office Park, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fairmont 400 S State St, Ste 70, Fairmont, MN, 56031
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fargo 657 2nd Ave N, Rm 320, Fargo, ND, 58102
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fergus Falls 1023 W Lincoln Ave, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Grand Forks 402 Demers Ave, Ste 300, Grand Forks, ND, 58201
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Hibbing 1122 E 25th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Mankato 12 Civic Center Plz, Ste 1550 Mankato Pl, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Marshall 507 Jewett St, Ste B, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Minneapolis 1811 Chicago Ave, Ste 1, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Rochester 2443 Clare Ln NE, Ste 100, Rochester, MN, 55906
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Sioux Falls 5021 S Nevada Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, 57108
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Cloud 3800 Veterans Dr, Ste 100, St. Cloud, MN, 56303
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Paul 332 Minnesota St, Ste N650, St. Paul, MN, 55101
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Winona 53 E 3rd St, Ste 307, Winona, MN, 55987
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-6500.8080Subsidized Employment Definition
Programs that place people who need work and are having difficulty competing on the open job market in organizations that can use their skills and subsidize the position by paying their salary, generally minimum wage. Some programs target public assistance recipients and place them in subsidized positions in nonprofit organizations.
ND-6500.8870Ticket to Work/Self Sufficiency Program Definition
A voluntary employment program that increases the choices and opportunities for eligible Social Security disability beneficiaries to obtain employment, vocational rehabilitation and other support services from public and private providers, employers and other organizations without endangering their disability benefits including health care coverage. Beneficiaries receive a Ticket which they may use to obtain services and jobs from state vocational rehabilitation agencies or organizations that have been designated as Employment Networks (EN) by the program. Once a beneficiary assigns his or her ticket to an EN or vocational rehabilitation agency, the provider works with them to develop a written individual work plan which documents desired employment goals and helps the individual return to work or work for the first time. The Employment Network or state rehabilitation agency bills the Social Security Administration (SSA) using the ticket claim account number. The SSA determines eligibility for the program.
ND-9000Vocational Rehabilitation Definition
Programs that enable individuals with disabilities, people who abuse drugs or alcohol, or people who have emotional problems to obtain the training and employment experiences they need to achieve economic self-sufficiency. Services may include vocational evaluation, work adjustment, work experience, training in marketable skills and placement in competitive employment or a sheltered work environment.
YC-1700Disability Benefit Recipients Definition
Previously employed individuals who have lost their earnings due to a physical or mental impairment severe enough to prevent them from working and who are receiving monthly cash benefits from a public or private source during the period of disability.
YL-3500.9500Workers With Disabilities Definition
Employed individuals who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations.