Social Security Administration (SSA)
Extra Help (Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy)
Social Security Administration (SSA) - Duluth
130 W Superior St, Ste 400 - US Bank Bldg, Duluth, MN, 55802-2021
Distance: 1011 Miles
Social Security Administration (SSA) administers the part of the Medicare Prescription Drug Program that helps qualified beneficiaries pay for their Medicare prescription drug plan costs. It is called Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs. You may be able to get extra help to pay for the premiums, annual deductible, and co-payments related to the your Medicare Prescription Drug Plan - an average of $4,000 in Extra Help per year may be provided if you are eligible.
- People with low income
You should complete the application for extra help on the Internet or obtain an application form if:
* You have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and/or Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance); and
* You live in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia; and
* Your combined savings, investments, and real estate (other than your home) are not worth more than $14,390, if you are single, or $28,720 if you are married and living with your spouse. If you have more than those amounts, you still may be eligible for this extra help.
You can obtain a paper application by calling SSA at (800) 772-1213.
SSA will review your application and send you a letter to let you know if you qualify for Extra Help. They also will send you information about the Medicare Prescription Drug Program and tell you what you should do next.
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 9:00am -12:00pm, Wednesday
Residents of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Kanabec, Lake, Pine, and southern St Louis Counties
|Main - Local Toll Free||(855) 863-3560|
|Toll Free National||(800) 772-1213||24/7|
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Alexandria 2633 Jefferson St, Ste 701, Alexandria, MN, 56308-4011
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Austin 404 2nd St NW, Austin, MN, 55912-3010
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Baxter 8331 Brandon Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425-8752
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bemidji 2900 Hannah Ave NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601-5641
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bloomington 6161 American Blvd W, Ste 100, Bloomington, MN, 55438-1288
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Brooklyn Center 3280 Northway Dr, Brooklyn Xing Office Park, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429-3050
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fairmont 400 S State St, Ste 70, Fairmont, MN, 56031-4147
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fargo 657 2nd Ave N, Rm 320 - Fed Bldg, Fargo, ND, 58102-4727
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fergus Falls 1023 W Lincoln Ave, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537-1041
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Grand Forks 402 Demers Ave, Ste 300, Grand Forks, ND, 58201-4573
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Hibbing 1122 E 25th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746-2138
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Mankato 12 Civic Center Plaza, Ste 1550 Mankato Pl, Mankato, MN, 56001-3699
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Marshall 507 Jewett St, Ste B, Marshall, MN, 56258-2628
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Minneapolis 1811 Chicago Ave, Ste 1, Minneapolis, MN, 55404-1998
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Rochester 2443 Clare Ln NE, Ste 100, Rochester, MN, 55906-8419
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Sioux Falls 5021 S Nevada Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, 57108-2265
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Cloud 3800 Veterans Dr, Ste 100, St. Cloud, MN, 56303-3070
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Paul Call for location, MN
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Winona 53 E 3rd St, Ste 307, Winona, MN, 55987-3482
Other Services or resources
- Benefit Information and Application
- Disability and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Employment Support for Workers with Disabilities - Ticket to Work/Self Sufficiency Program
- Information and Support - Replace Medicare or Social Security Card
- Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)
- Social Security Representative Payee Program
- Work Incentives Programs
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
NS-8000.5000-600Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (Extra Help) Applications Definition
Social Security offices and state Medicaid agencies that accept applications and determine eligibility for the subsidies that are available to low income beneficiaries enrolled in the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Benefit. Beneficiaries may also apply for the subsidy through the online application available on the Social Security Administration website.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YC-7900Social Security Retirement Recipients Definition
Individuals who are receiving regular monthly retirement checks from the Social Security Administration the amount of which is based on the wages earned and the number of quarters of coverage credited to the person's Social Security record.