Social Security Administration (SSA)
Work Incentives Programs
Social Security Administration (SSA) - Rochester
2443 Clare Ln NE, Ste 100, Rochester, MN, 55906-8419
Distance: 993 Miles
Work Incentive Programs offer special rules that make it possible for people receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), to work and still receive monthly payments and Medicare or Medicaid. Programs include work training, plans to save money for work-related expenses, and ways to earn more money while not jeopardizing benefits.
- Adults with disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Developmental disabilities
- Mental health
- Physical disabilities
The Red Book is also available at the local Social Security office.
It is important to follow the instructions carefully, as many programs require forms, plans, or proof of employment and circumstances.
9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 9:00am - 12:00pm, Wednesday
Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, and Olmsted Counties
|Main - Local Toll Free||(877) 405-3631|
|Toll Free National||(800) 772-1213|
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Alexandria 2633 Jefferson St, Ste 701, Alexandria, MN, 56308-4011
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Austin 404 2nd St NW, Austin, MN, 55912-3010
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Baxter 8331 Brandon Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425-8752
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bemidji 2900 Hannah Ave NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601-5641
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Bloomington 6161 American Blvd W, Ste 100, Bloomington, MN, 55438-1288
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Brooklyn Center 3280 Northway Dr, Brooklyn Xing Office Park, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429-3050
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Duluth 130 W Superior St, Ste 400 - US Bank Bldg, Duluth, MN, 55802-2021
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fairmont 400 S State St, Ste 70, Fairmont, MN, 56031-4147
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fargo 657 2nd Ave N, Rm 320 - Fed Bldg, Fargo, ND, 58102-4727
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Fergus Falls 1023 W Lincoln Ave, Fergus Falls, MN, 56537-1041
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Grand Forks 402 Demers Ave, Ste 300, Grand Forks, ND, 58201-4573
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Hibbing 1122 E 25th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746-2138
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Mankato 12 Civic Center Plaza, Ste 1550 Mankato Pl, Mankato, MN, 56001-3699
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Marshall 507 Jewett St, Ste B, Marshall, MN, 56258-2628
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Minneapolis 1811 Chicago Ave, Ste 1, Minneapolis, MN, 55404-1998
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Sioux Falls 5021 S Nevada Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, 57108-2265
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Cloud 3800 Veterans Dr, Ste 100, St. Cloud, MN, 56303-3070
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - St. Paul Call for location, MN
- Social Security Administration (SSA) - Winona 53 E 3rd St, Ste 307, Winona, MN, 55987-3482
Other Services or resources
- Benefit Information and Application
- Disability and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Employment Support for Workers with Disabilities - Ticket to Work/Self Sufficiency Program
- Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs
- Information and Support - Replace Medicare or Social Security Card
- Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)
- Social Security Representative Payee
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
FT-1000.9500Welfare Rights Assistance Definition
Programs that provide assistance for prospective or current public financial assistance recipients who are having difficulty understanding and/or obtaining the full benefits to which they are entitled by law under various income support entitlement programs. The programs may help people understand the eligibility criteria for benefits, how much they can work without affecting their benefits (for some programs), the benefits provided by the program, the payment process and the rights of beneficiaries; provide consultation and advice; help them complete benefits application forms; negotiate on their behalf with public assistance benefits staff; and/or represent them in administrative hearings or judicial litigation. Included are welfare rights organizations that offer a range of advocacy services as well as legal aid programs that offer more formalized legal assistance. Entitlement programs include (but are not limited to) General Relief (GR), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Food Stamps/SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
ND-6500.8080Subsidized Employment Definition
Programs that place people who need work and are having difficulty competing on the open job market in organizations that can use their skills and subsidize the position by paying their salary, generally minimum wage. Some programs target public assistance recipients and place them in subsidized positions in nonprofit organizations.
A federal income maintenance program administered by the Social Security Administration that provides basic financial assistance in the form of monthly checks for people who are age 65 and older, blind or have a disability and who have little or no income and resources. Some states supplement SSI checks for certain categories of recipients. If the state's supplemental payment is federally administered, individuals are automatically assessed for SSP eligibility when they apply for SSI and the supplemental payment is included in their SSI check. If a state administers its own supplemental payments, individuals must apply separately at the state agency.
NS-1800.8000Social Security Disability Insurance Definition
A federal program administered by the Social Security Administration that provides monthly cash benefits for disabled workers who are fully insured under the program, who are not capable of substantial gainful work and who have completed a five month waiting period.
PH-0700Benefits Screening Definition
Programs that provide benefits screening services which help individuals determine whether they are eligible for benefits through any of a wide variety of public and private federal, state and local programs. In addition to identifying the programs that a person may be eligible to receive, the service generally also provides a detailed description of the programs, local contacts for additional information (typically the addresses and phone numbers of where to apply for the programs), and materials to help successfully apply for each program. Included are programs that provide this service online and those that do benefits screening via the telephone or in-person. Some benefits screening programs may focus on specific populations such as older adults and people with disabilities; or specific aspects of benefits eligibility such as the impact that working will have on their benefits as an aid to helping people make informed decisions regarding whether to work. Also included are programs that help people complete the benefits screening form.
YC-1700Disability Benefit Recipients Definition
Previously employed individuals who have lost their earnings due to a physical or mental impairment severe enough to prevent them from working and who are receiving monthly cash benefits from a public or private source during the period of disability.
YC-8000SSI Recipients Definition
Individuals who are receiving cash grants through the Supplemental Security Income program, a federal income maintenance program with supplemental state funds which is administered by the Social Security Administration for people who are age 65 and older, are blind or have a disability, and have little or no income and assets.
YG-8000.8000Students With Disabilities Definition
Students who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations which may affect their educational performance, their mobility or their ability to communicate.
YZ-8270Social Security Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of Social Security.