South Country Health Alliance
Transportation - RideConnect
2300 Park Dr, Ste 100, Owatonna, MN, 55060-8802
Distance: 1118 Miles
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
Offers non-emergency medical transportation services. The transportation program, called RideConnect, is only for rides to and from health care appointments (medical, behavioral health, and dental).
RideConnect transportation covers two types of services:
* Unassisted Transportation Services
- Also called common carrier, includes taxi cab, bus, or volunteer driver programs
- Provides curb to curb service
- Members can use this service without pre-authorization
* Assisted Transportation Services
- Available if you are unable to safely use common carrier transportation because of a physical or mental impairment
- Provides door to door service
- Members must be certified by South Country Health Alliance before using this service
Members enrolled in the following South Country Health Alliance programs may be eligible to get a ride if they do not have access to their own transportation:
* Medical Assistance (Families and Children)
* Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+)
* SingleCare (SNBC)
* SharedCare (SNBC)
* AbilityCare (HMO SNP)
* SeniorCare Complete (HMO SNP)
* MinnesotaCare - Must be a child enrollee
Mileage and gas reimbursement is not covered by South Country Health Alliance for members with their own vehicle. However, this may be available through another source. Call your county for more information.
To schedule a ride, call Member Services (866) 567-7242 at least 72 hours (3 days) before your appointment.
If you appointment changes or you need to cancel, call as soon possible, ideally 24 hours in advance
Rides can be scheduled for medical, dental, mental health, chemical dependency, pharmacy, and durable medical equipment appointments and visits within the transportation coverage area.
8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Sunday
* October - March
8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Friday
* April - September
Brown, Dodge, Freeborn, Goodhue, Kanabec, Morrison, Sibley, Steele, Todd, Wabasha, Wadena and Waseca
|Toll Free - Sales and Service||(866) 567-7242|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-500Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Definition
Programs that provide transportation for medical appointments, trips from and between hospitals, to nursing homes or other special-care centers or for other non-emergency medical needs for individuals who, because of financial problems or their physical condition, are unable to use other means of local transportation. NEMT service providers are able to transport riders who require a wheelchair lift equipped vehicle with appropriate protective restraints or a van that is designed for gurney/stretcher transportation, or has other types of features to meet their safety needs.