Southeastern Minnesota Center For Independent Living (SEMCIL)
Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Assessment
SEMCIL - Rochester Office
2200 2nd St SW, Rochester, MN, 55902
Distance: 1080 Miles
Home accessibility assessments:
* Determine the need for physical changes to the home due to disability or aging
* Ensure the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements are met
* Ensure the person's home accessibility needs are met
Home accessibility assessments are done by a certified professional that visits the home.
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers and the Alternative Care Program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona counties
Disability Hub MN serves statewide - this center takes calls from:
Blue Earth, Brown, Cottonwood, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Jackson, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Martin, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Rock, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, Winona, and Yellow Medicine counties
|Disability Hub MN||(866) 333-2466|
|Toll Free||(888) 460-1815|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Activities for People with Disabilities
- Adult Companion Services
- Advocacy - Disabilities
- Assistive Technology
- Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS) Support Planner
- Disability Benefits 101 (www.mn.DB101.org)
- Disability Hub MN
- Employment Support for Workers with Disabilities
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Modification
- Home Accessibility Modification
- Homemaker Services
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Nursing Home / Institution Relocation Services
- Peer Mentor Services
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice
- Personal Support
- School to Adult Life Transition
- Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
- Social Security Advocacy Services
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Veteran Services Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Community Partner
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.3500Home Barrier Evaluation/Removal Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies for people with disabilities who need to install ramps, elevators, stair glides or lifts; widen doorways; install grab bars in showers and bathrooms; lower kitchen and other cabinets; or make other modifications in their homes or apartments to make them accessible. Also included are programs that assess the accessibility of homes and apartments of people who have disabilities and make recommendations regarding necessary modifications.
LR-1550Centers for Independent Living Definition
Consumer controlled, community based, cross disability, nonresidential agencies designed and operated within a local community by individuals with disabilities that provide an array of independent living services. All CILs provide five core services: information and referral, independent living skills training, peer counseling, individual and systems advocacy and transition. In addition, many CILs also offer transportation services, mobility training, personal assistance, housing and home modifications, recreation services, vocational programs, assistance in obtaining assistive technology equipment and other individualized services designed to increase and maintain independence.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.