Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS)
Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 1
266 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283-1664
Distance: 982 Miles
Adult foster care means the provision of food, lodging, protection, supervision and household services to a functionally impaired adult in a residence. Adult foster care may also include personal care, household and living skills assistance or training, medication assistance and assistance safeguarding cash resources.
Applicants apply for an Adult Foster Care (AFC) license through their county. An adult foster care license holder may have a maximum license capacity of five if all persons in care are age 55 or over and do not have a serious and persistent mental illness or a developmental disability.
There are three types of licensed foster care settings that serve adults:
* Family Adult Foster Care is where the foster care home is the primary residence of the license holder and they are the primary care giver.
* Corporate Adult Foster Care is a home where services are provided that is not the primary residence of the license holder.
* Community Residential Setting is a home where services are provided that is not the primary residence of the license holder and all individuals are funded by a disability waiver.
To become licensed as a family adult foster care provider the applicant must meet minimum licensing standards, including but not limited to:
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must complete a required background check on all applicants, household members who are 13 years of age or older and employees or volunteers who will have direct contact with the residents
* Must provide three references
* Must have bedroom space available for resident(s) and must have an approved fire and safety inspection
* Must meet required training hours annually
Contact your county social services department.
Contact your county social services department for fee information.
|Main - Redwood County||(507) 637-4041|
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lincoln County 319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142-9572
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lyon County 607 W Main St, Ste 200, Marshall, MN, 56258-3171
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Murray County 3001 Maple Rd, Ste 100, Slayton, MN, 56172-1493
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Pipestone County 1091 N Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone, MN, 56164-2286
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Rock County 2 Roundwind Rd, Luverne, MN, 56156-1300
Other Services or resources
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child and Teen Checkups
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Home Visiting
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Follow Along Program
- Housing Support
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP)
- Public Health Clinic
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DF-4500.2000-100Adult Residential Facility Licensing Definition
Programs that establish and enforce health, safety and program standards for group residences for older adults and adults with disabilities including adult foster homes, group homes, adult residential care homes, assisted living facilities, continuing care retirement communities, semi-independent living residences for adults with disabilities and other similar facilities where licensing requirements apply; review applications for licenses; issue or deny licenses; inspect facilities for compliance with requirements; and revoke licenses or bring disciplinary action for noncompliance.
DF-4500.2000-200Foster Home Licensing Definition
Programs that establish and enforce health, safety and program standards for foster homes, review applications for licenses, issue or deny licenses, inspect facilities for compliance with requirements and revoke licenses or bring disciplinary action for noncompliance.