Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS)
Child Protective Services (CPS)
Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 1
266 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283-1664
Distance: 982 Miles
Minnesota's child protection system responds to situations where children are alleged to be maltreated and helps support families to safely care for their children. The Department of Human Services works with Minnesota's 87 counties, 11 federally recognized tribes and community-based providers to support interventions that strengthen families and prevent child maltreatment.
Providing resources to families for basic needs, such as housing or child care, significantly improve the safety of children in their homes and communities.
Neglect, physical abuse, mental injury and sexual abuse are all considered child abuse in Minnesota. Each is defined in state law. Neglect is the most common form of maltreatment.
Call the county or tribal social service agency, or the police, where the child lives if you believe that a child is being hurt or neglected.
Some people, whose jobs involve caring for children, such as doctors, teachers and ministers, are required by law to report suspected child abuse or neglect.
Other people, such as neighbors or relatives, are encouraged to report if they think a child is being abused or neglected.
Your report is confidential and your name cannot be released to the family except by a court order.
If the child is in immediate danger or abandoned, dial 911 for emergency help.
To report suspected child abuse or neglect, contact Child Protective Services at: (888) 964-8407
After hours or on weekends and holidays, call local Law Enforcement (Police or Sheriff) and ask to make a Child Protection Report.
County social services assess family's need for services without regard to family income.
|Main - Redwood County||(507) 637-4041|
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lincoln County 319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142-9572
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lyon County 607 W Main St, Ste 200, Marshall, MN, 56258-3171
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Murray County 3001 Maple Rd, Ste 100, Slayton, MN, 56172-1493
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Pipestone County 1091 N Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone, MN, 56164-2286
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Rock County 2 Roundwind Rd, Luverne, MN, 56156-1300
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child and Teen Checkups
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Home Visiting
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Follow Along Program
- Housing Support
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP)
- Public Health Clinic
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6500.1500Children's Protective Services Definition
Programs that investigate reports of child abuse, neglect or abandonment; document substantiated cases; provide for the temporary placement of children who, for their own protection, have been removed from the custody of the adults who are responsible for their care; work with families who are experiencing a problem with child abuse with the objective of facilitating continued family unification or reunification; and provide ongoing supportive services for children in permanent placement.
YX-0500.1800Emotionally Abused Children Definition
Individuals younger than age 18 who have been subjected to a persistent pattern of emotional abuse or deprivation which typically includes excessive verbal assaults, unpredictable responses, continual negative moods, constant family discord, double message communication and/or parental denial of the normal experiences which provide children with the assurance that they are loved, wanted, secure and worthy.
YX-0500.6000Neglected Children Definition
Individuals younger than age 18 who have been subjected to a persistent pattern of physical neglect which involves the failure of parents or caretakers to provide adequate food, shelter, clothing, protection, supervision, and medical and dental care for the child.
YX-0500.6400Physically Abused Children Definition
Individuals younger than age 18 who have been subjected to a persistent pattern of abuse that involves unexplained injuries such as bruises, bite marks, burns, whipping marks, head injuries, fractures, whiplash, shaken infant syndrome or other abrasions, lacerations or scars that a child sustains at the hands of a caregiver.
YX-0500.8000Sexually Abused Children Definition
Individuals younger than age 18 who have been sexually assaulted by a family member, acquaintance or stranger or who have been subjected to sexual exploitation in the form of child prostitution or child pornography.
YX-0500.8000-800Sexually Exploited Children Definition
Individuals younger than age 18 who have been persuaded or coerced to perform sexual acts in a film or photograph or who have been introduced to juvenile prostitution and forced or persuaded to perform sexual acts in exchange for money.