Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS)
Family Home Visiting
Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 2
302 E 3rd St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
Distance: 982 Miles
Family home visits provide education for parents about the health and well-being of their young children.
A public health nursing assessment is done at the first visit. Ongoing support includes:
* Parenting education about healthy parent-child relationships
* Information about caring for babies, infant growth and child development
* Help to ensure a safe home environment
Contact the county office the caller lives in: Lincoln (507) 694-1270, Lyon (507) 537-6713, Murray (507) 836-6486, or Pipestone (507) 825-5024.
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lincoln County 319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142-9572
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lyon County 607 W Main St, Ste 200, Marshall, MN, 56258-3171
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Murray County 3001 Maple Rd, Ste 100, Slayton, MN, 56172-1493
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Pipestone County 1091 N Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone, MN, 56164-2286
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 1 266 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283-1664
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Rock County 2 Roundwind Rd, Luverne, MN, 56156-1300
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6100.1800-680Prenatal/Postnatal Home Visitation Programs Definition
Programs staffed by nurses or other trained professionals or volunteers that visit the homes of first-time mothers during pregnancy and the first two years of the child's life to help the women improve their personal health and development during the prenatal period and learn to care for the child following birth. The visits encourage the mothers to maintain good nutrition; and provide information regarding danger signs in pregnancy, preparation for labor and delivery, breastfeeding and other feeding options, baby supplies, basic infant care, newborn behaviors and child development. They help to ensure that infants and toddlers are nurtured, live in a safe environment in and around the home and receive proper health care. Included are programs that focus on low income individuals, pregnant teens, women with high risk pregnancies or other special populations as well as those that are more broadly available.
YK-6500.6100New Parents Definition
Parents with a recently born child.