Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS)
Southwest Health and Human Services - Lincoln County
319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142
Distance: 944 Miles
Helps pay housing-related expenses for people with low income who are 65 years or older, or are 18 years or older and have a disability that prevents them from working enough to support themselves. People can receive Housing Support from an eligible provider if they live in an eligible place, which could be a licensed facility or a person's own home.
In some situations, Housing Support may provide additional supportive services for people who are not receiving waiver or Personal Care Assistant (PCA) services.
Learn more about Housing Support (formerly known as Group Residential Housing).
- Adults with disabilities
- Older adults with disabilities
To qualify for Housing Support, people must:
* Be 65 or older, or be over 18 and have a disability that prevents them from working enough to support themselves, and
* Have less than $10,000 in assets, and
* Have less countable income than the maximum benefit allowed where they reside, and
* Meet additional requirements that may apply in certain programs or types of housing.
Examples of eligible places include:
* Adult Foster Care
* Board and Lodges
* Supervised Living Facilities
* Boarding Care Homes
* Long-term Homeless Supportive Housing
* Independent and Assisted Living Facilities
Contact a county or tribal financial worker at the local social services office, or apply online.
There is no fee for this service.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Pipestone, Redwood, and Rock Counties
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lyon County 607 W Main St, Ste 200, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Murray County 3001 Maple Rd, Ste 100, Slayton, MN, 56172
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Pipestone County 1091 N Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone, MN, 56164
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 266 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Rock County 2 Roundwind Rd, Luverne, MN, 56156
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Public Health Clinic
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3800.8000Supportive Housing Expense Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the cost of a supportive living setting, including the services provided as part of the living setting, for individuals who, because of a disability or mental illness, are unable to live independently without care, supervision and/or support to help them in their activities of daily living. Supportive living settings may include facilities and community care residences. Covered services generally include toileting, bathing, dressing, nursing services, vocational assistance, recreational activities, medication management and administration, meals, housekeeping and other similar forms of support.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YC-8000SSI Recipients Definition
Individuals who are receiving cash grants through the Supplemental Security Income program, a federal income maintenance program with supplemental state funds which is administered by the Social Security Administration for people who are age 65 and older, are blind or have a disability, and have little or no income and assets.
YM-2000Foster Home Residents Definition
People who are currently residing in an agency-supervised private family home which may be structured to meet the needs of children and youth who have been neglected, abused or abandoned and are no longer able to live with their birth families; older adults; people with disabilities or other populations. Note that foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states.
YM-2500Group Home Residents Definition
People who are currently residing in an agency-owned or operated facility that can generally accommodate six to 13 residents who can benefit from a professionally supervised, treatment oriented, structured group environment.
YV-3000.1500Chronically Homeless Definition
Unaccompanied adults who have been continuously homeless for a year or more or have had at least four episodes of homelessness in a three year period and suffer from one or more disabling condition(s) including a diagnosable substance abuse disorder, serious mental illness, developmental disability or chronic physical illness or disability, which limit their ability to perform activities of daily living.