Southwest Health and Human Services (SWHHS)
WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Southwest Health and Human Services - Redwood County 1
266 E Bridge St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283-1664
Distance: 982 Miles
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a nutrition program that assists eligible low income pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children to eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.
WIC services include:
* Nutrition information for having a healthy pregnancy and for feeding your family
* Support for breastfeeding
* Nutritious foods, including fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs and more
* Referrals to other health and/or social services for you and your family
- Assistance with community resources
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
Who is eligible for WIC?
* Women who are pregnant or have been pregnant within the past 6 months
* Breastfeeding women (within the first year of birth)
* Infants, birth to 1 year, and children, from 1 year of age to their 5th birthday
Parents (and foster parents or guardians) of children under 5 years of age can apply for their children.
To be eligible for WIC in Minnesota, a family must also:
* Be living in Minnesota. Apply in the county where you live.
* Meet WIC income guidelines, or be enrolled in another program such as MinnesotaCare.
Bring to your appointment:
* All children under 5 years old
* Proof of identity for each woman and child
* Proof of all income for the family
* Proof of address
More information about what to bring and expect
There is no fee for this service.
|Main - Redwood County||(507) 637-4041|
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lincoln County 319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142-9572
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Lyon County 607 W Main St, Ste 200, Marshall, MN, 56258-3171
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Murray County 3001 Maple Rd, Ste 100, Slayton, MN, 56172-1493
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Pipestone County 1091 N Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone, MN, 56164-2286
- Southwest Health and Human Services - Rock County 2 Roundwind Rd, Luverne, MN, 56156-1300
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child and Teen Checkups
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Child Care (FCC) Licensing
- Family Home Visiting
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Follow Along Program
- Housing Support
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Public Health Clinic
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
A federally-funded program that provides nutrition education and food vouchers for pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children younger than age five who cannot afford an adequate diet and, in the case of infants older than six weeks of age, who have a condition which shows a need for better nutrition. Vouchers are picked up at a WIC site (which are usually located in an health center that provides maternity and/or pediatric care) on a monthly basis and may be exchanged for milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, juice, vegetables, peanut butter, beans and formula in most grocery stores. In some states, WIC benefits are made available through electronic transfer benefit (EBT) cards.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YB-9500.1500-650Preschool Age Children Definition
Children who are age three to five.
Very young children from birth to age three.
Infants who are in their first weeks of life.
YK-2000.2200Families With Infants/Toddlers Definition
Family units that consist of parents and one or more offspring from birth through age three.
YK-6500.6100New Parents Definition
Parents with a recently born child.
YK-6500.6600Pregnant Women Definition
Women who are awaiting the birth of a child.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
YL-3300.6500Poverty Level Definition
People whose annual income is within the federal poverty level guidelines which vary according to family size and are revised annually.