United Hospital District
Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
United Hospital District - Blue Earth
515 S Moore St, Blue Earth, MN, 56013-2158
Distance: 442 Miles
Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) are electronic devices for older adults and people with disabilities to easily call for help in an emergency.
The person may also wear a portable "help" button to allow for mobility. The system is connected to the user's phone and programmed to alert a response center once the "help" button is activated. The response center is staffed by trained professionals.
ALERTLINK is a personal response system which links you to 24-hour assistance at the push of a button.
ALERTLINK is simple and effective:
* A small, portable Personal Help Button is worn on a neck chain. If you need help, simply push the button.
* An ALERTLINK console is connected to your telephone line. It sends an automatic call for help when you push your Personal Help Button or the Emergency Bar on the console unit.
* Trained personnel receive your help call and immediately attempt to make voice contact with you. If assistance is needed, they will contact one of your "responders" - nearby friends or relatives. For more serious situations, an ambulance or police will be dispatched for help.
About This Location
If you have a waiver or the Alternative Care Program covered costs include: purchase of equipment, installation, and monthly service charge.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
24-hour emergency response equipment like the Personal Emergency Response Equipment can be paid for through the Elderly Waiver and Alternative Care Program with the service called Specialized Supplies and Equipment.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care Program, and Essential Community Supports in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Credentials/Qualifications of Enrolled Waiver Providers
- Home Health Agency
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Emergency Response System - Installation
- Emergency Response System - Monthly Service Fee
- Emergency Response System - Purchase
Anyone in Blue Earth area (Faribault County)
Call (507) 526-4684.
Private pay also available.
Faribault, Martin and Blue Earth Counties
|General Information||(507) 526-3273||24 hours|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-1800.6260Personal Alarm Systems Definition
Programs that provide electronic equipment which connects frail elderly individuals, people who have disabilities or people at risk of violence from an ex-partner with the police, participating hospitals, paramedics or other sources of emergency assistance.