United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development
Home Repair Financial Assistance
Minnesota State Office
375 Jackson St, Ste 410, St. Paul, MN, 55101-1828
Distance: 1033 Miles
Loan program to homeowners for routine home maintenance, emergency repairs, or accessibility improvements.
Participants must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
The Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants Program provides needed funds for very low income homeowners to repair or improve their homes.
* Loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes
* Grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards
- People with low income
Use the website to see if your address is eligible
Talk to a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) home loan specialist in your area for help with application
- Alexandra Service Center 900 Robert St, Ste 103, Alexandria, MN, 56308-1380
- Austin Service Center 1408 21st Ave NW, Ste 3, Austin, MN, 55912-9348
- Baxter Service Center 7118 Clearwater Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425-9525
- Bemidji Service Center 3217 Bemidji Ave N, Bemidji, MN, 56601-4300
- Cambridge Service Center 110 Buchanan St N, Cambridge, MN, 55008-1258
- Detroit Lakes Service Center 809 8th St SE, Detroit Lakes, MN, 56501-2842
- Faribault Service Center 1810 30th St NW, Ste 3, Faribault, MN, 55021-1844
- Marshall Service Center 1424 E College Dr, Marshall, MN, 56258-2089
- Thief River Falls Service Center 201 Sherwood Ave S, Thief River Falls, MN, 56701-3407
- Virginia Service Center 1202 8th St S, Ste 103, Virginia, MN, 55792-3388
- Willmar Service Center 1005 High Ave, Willmar, MN, 56201-2670
- Worthington Service Center 1567 McMillan St, Worthington, MN, 56187-2800
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.3540Home Barrier Removal Loans Definition
Programs that provide loans to qualified people with disabilities who want to install ramps or elevators, widen doorways, install grab bars in showers and bathrooms, lower kitchen and other cabinets or make other modifications in their homes in order to make them more accessible.
BH-3000.3550-350Home Rehabilitation Grants Definition
Programs that provide cash assistance for people who need to make essential repairs to their homes in order to eliminate health or safety hazards or improve their security. Most grant programs cover major repairs, system upgrades and replacements (e.g., plumbing, heating or electrical systems) but not minor repairs. Age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements may apply.
BH-3000.3550-360Home Rehabilitation Loans Definition
Programs that provide loans for income-eligible people who want to repair or modify their homes or mobile homes to make them energy-efficient, attractive, safe and free of health hazards; or which help eligible individuals find loans for this purpose. Most loan programs cover major repairs, system upgrades and replacements (e.g., plumbing, heating or electrical systems) but not minor repairs. Included are conventional home rehabilitation loans, deferred loans (in which payments are deferred until the home is sold) and forgivable loans (in which all or a part of the loan is forgiven if the borrower resides in the home for a specified period of time). The forgiven part of a forgivable loan amounts to a contingent grant. If the borrower sells the home prior to the specified time period, all or part of the loan is due. A common variation is to have portions of the loan forgiven gradually over a period of years.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
YW-7000Rural Residents Definition
Individuals and families who have needs and interests in common based on living in relatively unpopulated areas or in areas devoted principally to agriculture.