United States Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Home Loans
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20420
Distance: 1037 Miles
Helps service members, veterans and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners
They provide a home loan guaranty benefit and other housing-related programs to help you buy, build, repair, retain or adapt a home for your own personal occupancy.
VA Home Loans are provided by private lenders, such as banks and mortgage companies. VA guarantees a portion of the loan, enabling the lender to provide you with more favorable terms.
* Purchase loans and cash-out refinance
* Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL)
* Native American Direct Loan (NADL) program
* Adapted Housing Grants
The length of your service or service commitment, duty status and character of service determine eligibility for specific home loan benefits.
Application process varies by program.
|Crisis Line - Veteran Crisis / Suicide Prevention||988|
|Toll Free||(800) 827-1000|
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - St. Paul Regional Benefit Office 1 Federal Dr, Fort Snelling, Bishop Henry Whipple Fed Bldg, St. Paul, MN, 55111
Other Services or resources
- Advocacy - Center for Women Veterans
- Burial and Memorial Benefits
- Caregiver Support - Veterans
- CHAMPVA Health Care Program
- Crisis Line
- Find a Veterans Administration (VA) Facility
- Information and Support - National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (NCPTSD)
- Life Insurance Program
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Pension Benefits Programs
- Resources for Homeless Veterans
- Veteran Benefits Assistance
- Veteran Community Care Program
- Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3500.3400-900Veteran Home Loans Definition
Programs that assist veterans who want to purchase or construct a home by issuing GI loans which feature moderate interest rates, no down payment, a long repayment period, and the right to pay all or a portion or the loan in advance without penalty.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YJ-2050Families of Military Personnel/Veterans Definition
The parents, children or spouses of people who are on active duty with one of the branches of the armed forces, who have retired from the armed forces following a military career, or who have been honorably discharged as veterans of military service. Included are families of deceased veterans.
Groups of people, usually consisting of parents (mothers and fathers) and children, who live together in a common dwelling and depend on one another for support.
YN-0500Active Military Definition
The enlisted men, women and officers who are currently serving in one of the branches of the armed forces.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.
YZ-8800Veteran/Military Personnel Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of veterans or military personnel and their interests.