VINE Faith in Action
421 E Hickory St, Ste 1, Mankato, MN, 56001-2587
Distance: 1093 Miles
Chore Services include help to keep your home clean, sanitary, and safe. These services are more heavy-duty than homemaker services.
Under the supervision of VINE's Chore Program Manager, VINE assists adults age 65+ and people with documented physical disabilities with regular and seasonal chores, home repairs, and home modifications. The program not only helps secure a safe, healthy living environment for aging adults but also enables adult children and long-distance family caregivers to remain at work knowing that a trusted community organization is helping their loved one.
* Installing batteries in smoke detectors
* Lighting pilot lights
* Replacing light bulbs
* Sweeping out garages
* Washing windows
* Changing furnace filters
* Cleaning gutters and downspouts
* Cleaning and changing screen & storm windows/doors
* Putting out seasonal furniture
* Raking leaves, mowing lawns and shoveling snow
* Trimming bushes
May also be able to help with:
* Minor carpentry tasks
* Railing & grab bar installation
* Small home repairs
* Small plumbing problems
About This Location
* Moving large furniture
* Snow removal
* Dumpster rental or refuse disposal
* Extermination and pest control
* General indoor and outdoor home maintenance - snow removal, lawn care, etc.
* Grocery delivery
* Heavy household chores - securing loose rugs, washing floors, windows and walls
* Moving or removing large household items and heavy appliances in order to provide safe access to and exit from the home
* Packing the person's belongings
* Rearranging or securing household items in order to prevent injuries or falls
If you have waiver or Alternative Care program funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care program, or the Essential Community Supports program in the Community-Based Services Manual - http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/id_001907
- and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual - https://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&dDocName=id_001907
At Home Services
- Friendly visiting
- Grocery shopping assistance
- Help with preparing meals
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Private pay
Resident of Blue Earth and Nicollet Counties. Serving people 65 and over, however, if capacity allows, may also provide chore assistance to adults with documented physical disabilities.
Call the office to discuss your needs. An in-home visit will be scheduled prior to the service being arranged.
Cost is determined by the size of the property and a sliding fee scale based on homeowner's income (income verification is required).
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Blue Earth , Nicollet, Waseca, Watonwan, Brown, Sibley and Le Sueur Counties
|Main||(507) 387-1666||8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.2750Home Maintenance and Minor Repair Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people who need to do routine maintenance on their homes or make minor repairs.
PH-3300.3100Housekeeping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of workers who go into people's homes and help with house cleaning chores.
PH-3300.6900Residential Snow Shoveling Definition
Programs that provide or pay for the removal of snow from the front sidewalks and driveways of people who need or want this service. In some jurisdictions, residents are required to keep the sidewalk in front of their homes clear of ice and snow as a safety precaution.
PH-3300.9750-450General Yard Work Definition
Programs that pay for or provide leaf raking, lawn care (including mowing, hedging and weeding) and general yard cleanup services (including trash and other debris removal) for people who need or want assistance.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
Professionals, paraprofessionals and/or family members or friends who assume responsibility for attending to the daily needs of individuals who are temporarily or permanently unable to completely care for themselves due to general frailty; illnesses, injuries or progressively debilitating conditions such as Alzheimer's disease or mental illness; or other incapacitating problems.
YF-2000Frail Elderly Definition
Older adults who have a condition that affects their independence and places them at future risk of needing a higher level of care than is currently required.
YF-6500Physical Disabilities Definition
Any of a variety of conditions that may be due to muscular, skeletal or neuromuscular disorders, paralysis or absence of one or more limbs, which impose physical limitations on the individual.
Individuals who offer their services and work on a full or part-time basis without remuneration.
YZ-1350Caregiver Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of caregivers and their concerns.